Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I'm looking for a way to cut the cord and watch live TV via Kodi. Working out how the add ons work and have a few that seem to work and say it's HD but the quality of video playback on my Mac is poor.
Also, ideally want to stream Kodi to my Samsung smart TV, what's the best way to do that?
Any help greatly appreciated
Tbh I wouldn't stream it from your mac to the TV I would get a device that plugs into your TV.
Like a firestick,Raspberry Pii2, wetek etc
Hey I'm no expert but I run Cody on my MacBook Air and mirror it to my Apple TV and use the remote app to control it and it works fine. I know I can put kodi on the Apple TV directly in fact I've had xmbc on one of my apple tv's before but I really like it this way. So the firestick is not the only steaming box that can run kodi! Any way if u need help email me directly at yamezsr@yahoo
(2015-12-17, 17:08)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I wouldn't stream it from your mac to the TV I would get a device that plugs into your TV.
Like a firestick,Raspberry Pii2, wetek etc

I have a chromecast but don't see an option to cast Kodi to the chromecast device.
No you can't use the Chromecast like that Sad
(2015-12-17, 18:14)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]No you can't use the Chromecast like that Sad

But I could use a firestick that way from Amazon?
Yeah you can use that or the fire TV box.
It does take a little setting up , I have read the firestick has a weak WiFi so maybe not best if your far from the router.
Ideally I want to stream stuff from Kodi to 3 TV's throughout the house. I have apple extreme router and apple express to extend the wifi so maybe Apple TV is the way to go? Do I need apple TV for each TV and can I access Kodi menus through Apple TV?
I'm a brit in the USA and missing english live TV which I know I can get via various IP blockers but wanted something more comprehensive that I can get US, UK etc. live TV

Thanks for your replies BTW
(2015-12-17, 18:23)palmer2511 Wrote: [ -> ]Ideally I want to stream stuff from Kodi to 3 TV's throughout the house. I have apple extreme router and apple express to extend the wifi so maybe Apple TV is the way to go? Do I need apple TV for each TV and can I access Kodi menus through Apple TV?
I'm a brit in the USA and missing english live TV which I know I can get via various IP blockers but wanted something more comprehensive that I can get US, UK etc. live TV

Thanks for your replies BTW
Yeah a apple TV will take kodi not sure about the latest ones though.
I know the first and second gen can.
But that will work out dearer I would probably go for the firestick or fire TV
I Just recently Purchased the Chromecast and I have Kodi on my Samsung galaxy note 3 ive downloaded to my phone the Bubbleupnp, moliplayer, avia, y2cast, Es file explorer but I cant get for the life of me it casted to the TV any help would be appreciated Huh please help