Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Minix - Remotes Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If your have a Remote Control Issue on your Minix box and you tried everything like returning your remote control, getting a Logitech Harmony Universal remote control and programming it, trying another new IR remote AND 2.4ghz remote control and you find that your getting choppy responses with your up or down arrows, choppy or double pressing on your enter button, arrows buttons, back button or any of the buttons. Share here.

This is what I tried Minix Neo 8-H Plus. From retail store, return and replaced both remotes that came with it including the Minix 2.4Ghz air mouse and keyboard combo remote. I even went to bestbuy and bought a Logitech Harmony 350 IR remote and found the same "sensitivity issue" when I use any buttons and appears to be double pressing. You can even hear it. It goes "Tick Tick"

Conclusion:
If you go to your android setting and turn down the mouse sensitivity the air mouse buttons works better? Why?

I also have a MyGica ATV1200 and the remotes work fine there. It is older with also 4.4.3 Android but the remote and interface is wonderful. Does that mean there is something in the firmware of Minix needs adjustment for the remote control? I also tried the remote outside of Kodi, and found the same thing, so I think it is not a Kodi issue, but the firmware of Minix.

My Logitech Harmony appears to work fine with the MyGica ATV 1200, but I could be mistaken. I believe, it must be something in the Minix functionality.

Here is another interesting thing. My old MyGica running Kodi 15.2 on wireless runs smoother than my new Minix running Kodi 15.2 on a direct wired CAT cable connection on 30MBs/Second internet cable modem.

As well I would like to complain about the Minix launcher. There is useless huge icons that appear to be folders that my main purpose is to use Kodi. I prefer the MyGica Launcher where your core programs are staring at you upon launching.(There is my feedback) I hope this helps.