Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVDB Cant find matches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've always had this problem, never could get any shows to match but after trying out Plex and seeing them all scraped correctly with no effort on my end I really want Kodi to have the same. I pull the debug log and it shows that its matching because its searching for "Searching for 'Family Guy S14E02' using The TVDB scraper" or "Searching for 'Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S03E09' using The TVDB scraper" but its not doing anything in my library. I have single episode shows inside on folders named the same as the video files themselves as thats how they were downloaded but I didnt think that would be a big deal? Also I have my TV Shows folder separate from my Movies folder so I set content for TV Shows ONLY to the TV Shows folder. Any idea?

EDIT: It only matches when everything except for the show name is matched, so if I scrape out season and episode information it matches.
(2015-12-20, 01:08)Cavy Wrote: [ -> ]I pull the debug log

Any reason you didn't share the debug log so people can more easily help you?

Quote: and it shows that its matching because its searching for "Searching for 'Family Guy S14E02' using The TVDB scraper" or "Searching for 'Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S03E09' using The TVDB scraper"

Actually, it is not matching. In your examples the scraper is looking for TV shows named "Family Guy S14E02" and "Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S03E09". Obviously those don't match the names of any actual TV shows.

Quote: but its not doing anything in my library. I have single episode shows inside on folders named the same as the video files themselves as thats how they were downloaded but I didnt think that would be a big deal?

And it won't do anything in your library because the scraper isn't finding any TV shows that match.

You may want to read http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows for more information on how to correctly name your directories and files so that the scraper stands a chance.
(2015-12-20, 02:37)Mike_xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-20, 01:08)Cavy Wrote: [ -> ]I pull the debug log

Any reason you didn't share the debug log so people can more easily help you?
Also using FileBot on my server side and using TVDB to match file names it finds the episode no problem and renames it and it still doesnt pick it up in Kodi. It renamed American Horror Story to "American Horror Story - 5x10 - She Gets Revenge"
Did you read all of my previous reply? You will need to correctly name the directories which contain your TV shows. Read the Wiki page link I provided in my previous post for more information. Until you do this the scraper will not be able to recognize the TV shows to add to your library.
(2015-12-20, 04:25)Mike_xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read all of my previous reply? You will need to correctly name the directories which contain your TV shows. Read the Wiki page link I provided in my previous post for more information. Until you do this the scraper will not be able to recognize the TV shows to add to your library.

Oh wow, I just got it to work but what a pain that would be. Renaming the folder to the show name then the actual video file to the season and episode number. Is there any type of add on in Kodi or application like FileBot that could rename them automatically like that?
Why is it a pain? You set up your directory hierarchy once. When you get new TV show episodes you move them in to the correct directory. Then the scraper can recognize and add your videos to your library. It's really quite easy. Just set it up like the "1.1 Simple" example in the Wiki article.

You probably won't need to rename your individual episodes based on what I see in your log. They already have the name, season, and episode number information. The the scraper should be able to work with that. The missing piece in your case is a correctly set up directory structure.
(2015-12-20, 04:39)Cavy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any type of add on in Kodi or application like FileBot that could rename them automatically like that?

I have no idea what FileBot is, but once again, if you read the Wiki article I linked to you can find tools that can be used to rename files.
(2015-12-20, 05:00)Mike_xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it a pain? You set up your directory hierarchy once. When you get new TV show episodes you move them in to the correct directory. Then the scraper can recognize and add your videos to your library. It's really quite easy. Just set it up like the "1.1 Simple" example in the Wiki article.

You probably won't need to rename your individual episodes based on what I see in your log. They already have the name, season, and episode number information. The the scraper should be able to work with that. The missing piece in your case is a correctly set up directory structure.

Looking at 1:1 is gibberish to me. Is that an advancedsettings.xml or something? Sorry bit noobish to this setup
It is describing a directory hierarchy. There is a directory named "TV Shows" (which you already have, if I remember correctly; I would know for sure if you hadn't removed the link to your debug log for some reason). This is the directory you would set up as your source for TV shows in Kodi (again, I believe you have already done so). Within that directory is one subdirectory for each of your TV shows. For example, a directory named "Family Guy", another directory named "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", etc. Within those individual TV show directories you can create subdirectories for each season of the show, such as "Season 01", "Season 02", etc. Then you move your individual episode files in to the correct subdirectory.

At this point I'm merely rehashing what is said in the linked Wiki article.