Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: <Solved>Removing Default Keybinds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Is there a way to remove Default Keybinds on Kodi? Like for instance. Some of the PVR Keybinds I wont use and they are in the way for possible new ones.
I would really appreciate any help!
Look at the keymap editor add-on (Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)). You can use that to change/overwrite any of the existing key mappings.

It just provides a way to create and edit the keymap.xml (wiki) files, which you can also do manually if you so wish. Details are on the wiki via that link.
(2015-12-20, 10:15)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the keymap editor add-on (Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)). You can use that to change/overwrite any of the existing key mappings.

It just provides a way to create and edit the keymap.xml (wiki) files, which you can also do manually if you so wish. Details are on the wiki via that link.

I've tried removing Keybinds in Keymap Editor. But, they go to default binding.
Like if I want t completely remove the "O" keybind for Codex Info... How do I do that?
Use noop to remove a keybind
(2015-12-20, 22:30)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Use noop to remove a keybind

How do I go about doing that? Through the Keyboard.xml or Keymap Editor?

How would that look in Keyboard.xml?
<key>noop</key>

Where key is the key you are mapping
(2015-12-21, 00:20)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]<key>noop</key>

Where key is the key you are mapping

So, in the instance of removing the "Codec Info" Keybinding for "O" I would

<o>noop</o>

In my Keyboard.xml that is located in my Keymaps folder? Sorry, I'm still learning all this. I appreciate you hanging in there with me!
Okay! I got it to work! Thanks for the tips!