Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi can't work over the Network after updating from Win 8.1 to Win 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 laptop computers that I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. They are; Asus G75VW, Asus TP500L and a Gateway NE51B. Kodi worked well on all 3 computers when I had Win 8.1 installed. When I upgraded to Windows 10, two computers still worked well, but the Asus TP500L could no longer see my network drives from my HTPC. If anyone can give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it, I have searched, but I have not found anyone addressing this same problem, yet.
havn't seen the problem but I'd start by turning the firewall off everything to see if that's the issue. it could also be a permissions issue, perhaps the username from the working laptops is allowed but the other PCs user isn't?
The TP500L can play files from my HTPC using windows Explorer with no problem, movies and music play on DvdFab media player. Windows 10 seems to share files ok, except when I use Kodi. The other two laptops had no problems at all. I will try turning off the firewall, but I don't think that is it.
Moved to the Windows section
After giving up, I gave the TP500L back to my Wife yesterday. Today, I was going to back it up and put Windows 8.1 back on it, but Kodi is working, I can see the drives on my HTPC, I wish I knew why it had problems before, but it's working now.