Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube addon issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have a problem with youtube addon in my kodi (icengrand).
Youtube used to play fine all the videos but suddenly 3 days ago it stop working and it displays me a message that playback failed. Do anyone have any idea about what can i do?
You can't do anything at the moment. Right now the only way to play (Vevo) Youtube videos is through web browsers. The problem is known and hits a wide range of Youtube plugins and players (Kodi, all Win8/10 Youtube players, STB plugins etc.).
neograniceni: what is your source?
I'm trying to figure out why it's no longer working ... Did you find something on the youtube api?
I can't seem to find the reason, nor other messages of addon failures.
The strange thing is that is worked a couple of days ago, so google must have made some changes but there is no trace of that in the change log: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...on_history
Only thing that has changed is that a warning has to be displayed for uploading videos.
The problem seems to be Java (error 403 & error 22 in my logging) so guess it cannot resolve the correct signature.
There was a post about this in the Bromix threat (line 156 in the cipher.py) but it won't resolve it for this version.

Unfortunately (but understandable) Bromix stopped the support on this addon so we have to wait until someone will pick it up.
The YouTube app was completely broken on my system. I deleted it, went to ~/.kodi/addons/packages and deleted all cached packages, deleted the data folder in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube and re-installed it. Works fine now.