Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to tell kodi not to update databse after changing drives?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i had my data on Drive A and that was the source of the tv shows, i moved my content to Drive B , set the source of tv shows to Drive B ,whenever i update tv shows it thinks everything is new, how do i fix that( i just cancel it since this would probably duplicate everything )? ( solutions other than changing drive B's name to Drive A since i can't do that )
When you move tvshows or movies to another drive, make must make sure that they are accessible via the exact same path as where they were before. If you do that, you can leave the source exacly as it was.
If the movies are in a different drive letter or different network share than Kodi considers that they are new. Your only options than are rescraping them to your library or "hacking" the Kodi database and change the paths there.
Thanks for trying to help me out , but this wouldn't work for me, my tv shows on drive A were moved to drive B and my movies on drive C were moved to drive B ( I got a big das now ) so changing the new drive ( B ) to the older source isn't a problem, but i have 2 different older sources, is there no work arround this?

If not, then like i said it scrapes everything, will it duplicate everything i have?
I think the easiest thing to do is just to rebuild your database.
So...just remove the library and let it re-scrape everything?
Directly changing the paths in the Kodi database is tricky so you have to know what you're doing. Re-scraping the database is easier to do but will take some time, especially if you haven't exported the database before you moved the files.
If you are going to rescrape everything (movies, tvshows etc.) you might as well clean up thoroughly and delete the entire myvideos??.db in your userdata folder. You can make a copy of the file for good measure. This way you'll start with a clean video library. You will lose the watched status anyway unless you had exported the library earlier.

Good luck!