Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No problem here on 3 different devices. So it isn't skin related, sry.
Thanks, i'll work it out! On a related note, do you have plans to integrate the other information available through the extendedinfo addon if you're using confluence - crew, youtube videos, collections etc?
(2016-01-31, 16:09)rodgzjoe Wrote: [ -> ]When surfing thru sub menu, there’s a very noticeable but slight delay. Almost as if the widgets thumbnails force to be re-centered. Started right after your last update. Extremely noticeable on fireTV or Stick. Slight noticeable on Nvidia Shield or on my PC. Any thoughts?

(2016-01-31, 16:54)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Changed nothing on this in the last weeks. It works as it should on my RPi2 with Openelec and on my HTPC.

Edit:
PC works well, too.

Has to be somethin on ur side.

Great mod! Nice work and much appreciated.

Been using it the last few days. I've noticed this too. Noticeably sluggish on an ftv 2nd gen. Even with only 2 submenus and nothing else under any other main menu. Original skin is fine. Not sure how to isolate the issue.

Also a minor thing. I have Favourites mapped to a remote button when on the home screen If I press it when a main menu is highlighted they come out square info. If I press it when a submenu is highlighted they come out poster. I have it set to square info in skin settings.

Keep up he awesome work!
Awesome!!!
Great mod! Excellent Job! much appreciated.
Thanks for the Awesome Tamplate. Started already its hard to find the right movies hope i got some right ^^
Would it be Possible to have the Text overlay on the Wide View Type in the Overview like with Square Info.

Here Some Screens how it Looks in Kodi

(2016-02-03, 22:59)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]I made a photoshop template for you

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B0...file%2cpsd

Here's an actual screen grab of how the Fire TV does them if you want the correct dimensions.

(2016-02-04, 09:12)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03, 22:59)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]I made a photoshop template for you

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B0...file%2cpsd

Here's an actual screen grab of how the Fire TV does them if you want the correct dimensions.

Thanks mate.

I've updated the template to Square and adjusted the shadow dimensions. Should be okay now.

Looks good

The most common genres are supported until now.
Still work in progress, the widgets are missing.
(2016-02-04, 10:49)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good

The most common genres are supported until now.
Still work in progress, the widgets are missing.

Really nice Smile
For me the wide templste from sualfred looks a little bit better because you can see more of the Covers and you know which Moviecovers are in the background.
But the FireTV uses Square. So it will be in a square layout.

Edit:
Have to redo all the existing thumbs because of an non-wanted small alpha border in the template.
TV shows aren't supported yet. Will take care of it as soon as I'll find some time creating the thumbs.

Please also note that this genre icons are based on the string of the genre folder. This means that only English or German genres will work 100%.
Ok, good to know
These are .jpg's or .png's (images) right?

If so:
You could try to use actual posters from this genre. (stringcompare to the library path for example, to guide, if true, to a list with 3 random (genrerelated) posters instead of a "handmade" image) - Just as a Idea.
That was my first thought, but that means I have to create a large amount of hidden lists for the library + home window. This will cause a speed and loading penalty.
The best way would be to have an python script, which gathers those images and stores them somewhere physically.

//Edit
Correction -> Kodi should be able to display thumbs of folder contents Smile That would be the best way to handle it. Maybe in the future.. someday.
o.k. Speede could be a issue

wondering if something like this would be possible (using 3 image-controls with paths):

<texture>videodb://movies/genres/$INFO[Container(foo)ListItem.DBID]/$INFO[Listitem.Icon]<texture>

but guess something like that wont work.

(EDIT:
With python in minde, think phils "script.skin.info.service* (Option to show set Posters) would be the closesd.

- o.k. Did see that you already asked in the "skin helper script" tread.)