Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I use the wide pictures for Series?
When i use the wide mode in the Settings the Artwork Downloader only crop the Walls. Nur in your Video are perfekt Walls with Slogan/Name like in the Original FireTV Skin.
The Wide view is just a combination of the fanart - which will be cropped - and the clearlogo.

No setting will ever tell Artwork Downloader what it has to download.
Configure your Artwork Downloader correctly and it will work.
So is it made automatically produced by the Artwork Downloader
Can you please post the right Settings (Sceenshot). If not maybe through a PM?
No, because they arent real single pictures. The clearlogo is just placed as an overlay over on the fanart. Just enable the wide view of the skin settings.
Go to Artwork Download and enable the download of Fanart and Clearlogo and everything is fine.

Don't get me wrong, but a little bit of own initiative to read the Wiki's won't hurt. This is a skin thread and no Kodi manual. I know this sounds harsh Wink
(2016-02-11, 19:14)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]No, because they arent real single pictures. The clearlogo is just placed as an overlay over on the fanart. Just enable the wide view of the skin settings.
Go to Artwork Download and enable the download of Fanart and Clearlogo and everything is fine.

Don't get me wrong, but a little bit of own initiative to read the Wiki's won't hurt. This is a skin thread and no Kodi manual. I know this sounds harsh Wink

Fred, for the "Next-Aired" addon, you should make it so that when you enter the addon, the days are hovered, not the Tv show posters, that way you can quickly check each day, instead of having to click up once on the remote THEN side to side. :]

Or is that something I'd have to talk to the addon developer about?
(2016-02-11, 19:44)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 19:14)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]No, because they arent real single pictures. The clearlogo is just placed as an overlay over on the fanart. Just enable the wide view of the skin settings.

Fred, for the "Next-Aired" addon, you should make it so that when you enter the addon, the days are hovered, not the Tv show posters, that way you can quickly check each day, instead of having to click up once on the remote THEN side to side. :]

As with a lot of addon we (skinners) have no control over what gets focused first.
(2016-02-11, 20:12)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 19:44)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]

As with a lot of addon we (skinners) have no control over what gets focused first.

Okay thanks for clarifying hitcher :]
Fred, where can I go in the code to disable the "tagline" for movies, not a fan of them xD. Cheers!
MyVideoNav.xml line #209
Found a problem with the favourites. If I go to the Favorites it shows double. All Covers in background and the same in the front. Looks very bad.

Already tried to restore all Settings, same problem here!

Second Thing is a bright dot at the top in the left corner of the Settings. This is only in the Settings... Is this normal ?!
(2016-02-11, 20:22)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]MyVideoNav.xml line #209

Cheers :].

Also I looked a previous posts about lag, and I've just been setting up my menus with your skin. I use to use hitchers with the exact same menus, 8 on movie and 8 on tv, thats it. And I am also getting alot of lag, when scrolling up or down to view each menu. They are all "ftv" menus, no genres. Tv show is wide and movies is poster. I have not added my own images, they are scrape directly from the tvdb and the mvdb. I never had this issue with hitchers version of the skin. :/ Also It shouldnt be hardware related because, was working fine on hitchers with the exact same setup. I have an nvidia shield tv with 3gb of ram, so it's more then enough for this.

Thanks for your work though :], just not sure why its lagging like this :/.
(2016-02-11, 21:22)iRubin Wrote: [ -> ]Found a problem with the favourites. If I go to the Favorites it shows double. All Covers in background and the same in the front. Looks very bad.

Second Thing is a bright dot at the top in the left corner of the Settings. This is only in the Settings... Is this normal ?!

Fixed the favourites. Thanks.

I don't have a dot there. Screenshot?

(2016-02-11, 21:25)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]

Also I looked a previous posts about lag, and I've just been setting up my menus with your skin. I use to use hitchers with the exact same menus, 8 on movie and 8 on tv, thats it. And I am also getting alot of lag, when scrolling up or down to view each menu. They are all "ftv" menus, no genres. Tv show is wide and movies is poster. I have not added my own images, they are scrape directly from the tvdb and the mvdb. I never had this issue with hitchers version of the skin. :/ Also It shouldnt be hardware related because, was working fine on hitchers with the exact same setup. I have an nvidia shield tv with 3gb of ram, so it's more then enough for this.

I don't wanna repeat myself again and again. I haven't change anything. It's working good on an RPi2, which has a lot of less power than the Shield.
(2016-02-11, 21:40)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 21:22)iRubin Wrote: [ -> ]Found a problem with the favourites. If I go to the Favorites it shows double. All Covers in background and the same in the front. Looks very bad.

Fixed the favourites. Thanks.

I don't have a dot there. Screenshot?

(2016-02-11, 21:25)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't wanna repeat myself again and again. I haven't change anything. It's working good on an RPi2, which has a lot of less power than the Shield.

Yeah but in the video you showed you didn't really go down a bunch of widgets :o. Try creating 1 widget group, but have 8 different sections in that widget and scroll down them all.
Changes nothing on my side. I don't wanna talk about this anymore. I cannot change this. Period.

If somebody has an constructive idea what COULD cause this speed penalty is welcome to bring back that discussion.