Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought>>> could it be that Kodi RC3 - the problem.
Meaning the ftv skin not compatible with the newest release of Kodi RC3 . perhaps going back to Kodi Alpha or beta1 may give us a clue of the lag issues. I will try this tomorrow & let you know. thanks,
(2016-02-12, 01:27)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-12, 01:00)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. The errors are gone and the log seems to be okay.
No idea ....

I seems it is something with those textures. 2.0.10 is when it started happening. If I comment out all the lines that reference poster_empty.png, wide_empty.png and default_empty.png, it works fine, so it seems to be these extra textures causing the lag. For example I comment out all:

Code:
<texture background="true">common/poster_empty.png</texture>

I thought it might be the background tag too but that didn't work. I'll do a log as well tomorrow and see if anything pops up when you compare.

Cheers

EDIT: Just to add I'm referring to includeWidgetLayout.xml

Really? Thanks, I pushed a test to GitHub for all non-Square items (there it's needed).

Can somebody confirm that my latest commit fixes stuttering on the home screen?
When making changes to widgets, the changes apply successfully, but when I restart the changes don't stick. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
That's a Jarvis behaviour. The settings are stored only temporary. You have to do a real clean Kodi quit or skin reload.

Can you test the latest GitHub version and report back if this solves the stuttering issue?
(2016-02-12, 10:19)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's a Jarvis behaviour. The settings are stored only temporary. You have to do a real clean Kodi quit or skin reload.

Can you test the latest GitHub version and report back if this solves the stuttering issue?

Will do when I finish work
(2016-02-12, 08:13)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Really? Thanks, I pushed a test to GitHub for all non-Square items (there it's needed).

Can somebody confirm that my latest commit fixes stuttering on the home screen?

Thanks for that! Sadly not, but more testing... The following was all done with your latest commit.

1. If I comment out all default_empty.png from this latest version (just to test) it still stutters badly
  2. If I completely replace IncludeWidgetLayout.xml from the one from 2.0.9, it runs much better but still every so slightly sticky.
  3. If I replace IncludeWidgetLayout.xml with the one fom 2.0.10 (the first version where the major stuttering started) but comment out ALL lines with _empty.png textures, it runs smooth as butter!

It's odd, but there is something in that file I can't quite pinpoint. I can do logs this evening with all 3 of the above and maybe something comes out of it. I'll also do some more testing of difference versions.

Cheers
Is that with or without genres?
Do you mean set as a widget? I have't got any genres widgets set. Just the fTV standard widgets and some of my own which are just basic smart playlists.
Please try to comment out the bordertextures with shadow_nf instead of the empty_xxxc.png
No worries. will try this evening.
Okay. Thanks.
There is still a lag in the latest build on github as I cycle through widgets within Movies and TV. I removed the Genre widgets so I don't think its related to that. I am using RC3 on Nvidia Shield. I don't see this issue as noticeable on Kodi on my Macbook
(2016-02-12, 11:40)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]No worries. will try this evening.

(2016-02-12, 15:56)optics Wrote: [ -> ]There is still a lag in the latest build on github as I cycle through widgets within Movies and TV. I removed the Genre widgets so I don't think its related to that. I am using RC3 on Nvidia Shield. I don't see this issue as noticeable on Kodi on my Macbook

I've pushed a version, which doesn't have this bordertextures and uses own image controls. Please test and report back.
(2016-02-12, 16:28)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]

(2016-02-12, 15:56)optics Wrote: [ -> ]There is still a lag in the latest build on github as I cycle through widgets within Movies and TV. I removed the Genre widgets so I don't think its related to that. I am using RC3 on Nvidia Shield. I don't see this issue as noticeable on Kodi on my Macbook

I've pushed a version, which doesn't have this bordertextures and uses own image controls. Please test and report back.

No massive improvements in the lag, it's usable but very clunky moving from menu to menu
(2016-02-12, 16:28)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried, newest from github, and still same issue.

New log, if needed: http://xbmclogs.com/pby2qabwd