Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-15, 21:11)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, my brain is somewhere else atm.
Commit is pushed now Tongue

Haha no worries. Understandable :p

This version works fine. Not as smooth as the modified version but very useable! It may well be an android bug. I'm curious to try spmc when the Jarvis version is release to see if that makes a difference.

Anyway thanks for helping with this! Appreciate you popping in even though you have your hands full at the moment Smile
I agree. And I appreciate your hard work. Enjoy these first few days of fatherhood!

Separately, is anyone else seeing the following:
Movie description, if it exceeds a certain length (several lines worth, not including the tag line text) appears to truncate, followed by ellipses, then repeat itself until it reaches the end of a length, after which it is cropped. I see this on both the dialog box that appears when you press >> at the bottom of the movie artwork and on the Movie Information page.
(2016-02-16, 13:52)optics Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. And I appreciate your hard work. Enjoy these first few days of fatherhood!

Separately, is anyone else seeing the following:
Movie description, if it exceeds a certain length (several lines worth, not including the tag line text) appears to truncate, followed by ellipses, then repeat itself until it reaches the end of a length, after which it is cropped. I see this on both the dialog box that appears when you press >> at the bottom of the movie artwork and on the Movie Information page.

I literally just commented this the previous page lol.
Do you have the latest Toolbox script installed?
(2016-02-16, 15:15)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]I literally just commented this the previous page lol.

Woops, Sorry I missed that!

(2016-02-16, 18:00)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the latest Toolbox script installed?

I was running toolbox v1.1.0, which I think is production. I just installed v1.1.1, which makes no difference.

I went back to the NFO files to compare. I think the description is including text from <outline> plus <plot>, cropped to the max text length for the dialog box and <tagline> plus <outline> plus <plot> when it should only display <plot> for both, given the limited text length. Ideally, the text length would be longer too.
(2016-02-16, 20:05)optics Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-16, 15:15)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]I literally just commented this the previous page lol.

Woops, Sorry I missed that!

(2016-02-16, 18:00)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the latest Toolbox script installed?

I was running toolbox v1.1.0, which I think is production. I just installed v1.1.1, which makes no difference.

I went back to the NFO files to compare. I think the description is including text from <outline> plus <plot>, cropped to the max text length for the dialog box and <tagline> plus <outline> plus <plot> when it should only display <plot> for both, given the limited text length. Ideally, the text length would be longer too.
Yeah that's what I figured to, hitchers doesn't display the tagline does it?
(2016-02-16, 21:34)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-16, 20:05)optics Wrote: [ -> ]I went back to the NFO files to compare. I think the description is including text from <outline> plus <plot>, cropped to the max text length for the dialog box and <tagline> plus <outline> plus <plot> when it should only display <plot> for both, given the limited text length. Ideally, the text length would be longer too.
Yeah that's what I figured to, hitchers doesn't display the tagline does it?

Comparing Hitcher 2.2.20 to Sualfred's Github:
Based on the UI (not the code), Hitcher appears to only be using the <outline> data. He doesn't appear to be using <tagline> or <plot>. I think it should be only <plot>, with a longer max size.

Separately, regarding the tagline above the album art, it would be great to disable via a toggle button.
Again. No more useless toggle buttons for minor tiny settings for personal needs of each unique user.
There is a reason that plot and plot outline is used (PVR backends mainly). And I like the tagline.
Hi sualfred,
Just wanted to say thanks to you and Hitcher for all the work on fTV and the mod. I've been using them since day one, and together with Eminence are my go-to skins for family and friend use.

I also wanted to add a data point, that your recent changes have made a huge improvement towards smooth scrolling of icon lists (i.e. genres and anything square aspect ratio). Even without the most recent "background=true" commit. I still see about 1 second latency to press "right" and enter a TV/Movie/Genre widget, but that is very acceptable. This is all on a Fire TV (Gen 1, Android 4.2 derived) running the latest Kodi Jarvis.

You should also know in the previous weeks, while troubleshooting the scrolling and trying to stress the UI, at one time my genre icons started scrolling smoothly, without any skin changes. This fueled my suspicion that the skin can't be 100% at fault, but more likely there are Kodi/Android graphics issues that fTV exacerbates.

Last thing: I've been tracking a few issues I wanted to post about, but don't see an "Issues" section in your Github. Is that an oversight, or do you prefer posting in the forum?

Thanks, and best wishes for your family...
Hey guido,

Thanks. Reporting them here in the thread is fine. Just be detailed and with screens.
(2016-02-17, 05:05)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I still see about 1 second latency to press "right" and enter a TV/Movie/Genre widget, but that is very acceptable. This is all on a Fire TV (Gen 1, Android 4.2 derived) running the latest Kodi Jarvis.

This is because you're actually going from the home window to the video window and Kodi has to load everything again. The weaker your system the slower this will be.
Is this skin also for krypton?
See the first post.
(2016-02-09, 23:11)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Nearly done. Only some adjustments.
Will get it done tomorrow, Headache Wink

watch gallery

HD icon on banner don't display HD icon - Verfu... in HD

latest git version

- HD icon in media folder - /media/views - hd_icon.png

- xml - IncludesWidgetLayout.xml - line 76 - <texture>views/HD_icon.png</texture>

Solution: rename hd_icon > HD_icon or change line 76.
Damn you case sensitivity Tongue Thanks.