Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aye. Already pushed and repo is updated.
(2016-03-10, 00:42)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, thanks for looking into it.

Out of curiosity, is the not having a Favourite as an option by design or a limitation? Hitcher's vision allows it and I'm fairly sure older versions of your mod had the option as well. As I say, just curious.

Reason I ask is that if I add the built in Programs or Video-addons shortcut I get a blank widget (same thing in Hitcher's version). Only solution I found was to add it as a Favourite first. It's also the only way (I believe) to get Android apps to show.

Cheers

(2016-03-11, 09:21)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@eskay993

I've added favourites back to the widget select menu

Hi sualfred,
I try to display all my addons under "Apps" on the home screen (similar to what @eskay993 was doing), and I use your pre-defined "fTV" shortcuts to create a widget row for each addon type. Under "fTV -> Addons" you currently include shortcuts for Program, Video, Picture, Audio, but not for "Android apps". Could you please add it? If you're pressed for time, I think I know how and could try to PR it.

Thanks again for this great mod...
(2016-03-05, 12:39)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]One step closer to a FireTV

watch gallery
Hi sualfred,
This looks great -- explicitly showing empty widgets will be very handy. At the same time, the previous behaviour of hiding empty widgets also had its uses. For example, one can place "Unwatched Episodes" at the top of a widget group for "TV Shows", and it will only display when there are episodes and not take up sceen real-estate when there are none.

If it doesn't add too much complexity, would it be possible to have a setting like "Hide Empty Widgets" associated with a widget group?

Thanks for your consideration and the hard work put into the mod. Cheers.
@sualfred: thanks a lot!
@AEone: It is (or better: it was ;-))
(2016-03-11, 13:00)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi sualfred,
This looks great -- explicitly showing empty widgets will be very handy. At the same time, the previous behaviour of hiding empty widgets also had its uses. For example, one can place "Unwatched Episodes" at the top of a widget group for "TV Shows", and it will only display when there are episodes and not take up sceen real-estate when there are none.

If it doesn't add too much complexity, would it be possible to have a setting like "Hide Empty Widgets" associated with a widget group?

Thanks for your consideration and the hard work put into the mod. Cheers.

Too much complexity. It will stay as it is Smile
(2016-03-11, 12:43)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi sualfred,
I try to display all my addons under "Apps" on the home screen (similar to what @eskay993 was doing), and I use your pre-defined "fTV" shortcuts to create a widget row for each addon type. Under "fTV -> Addons" you currently include shortcuts for Program, Video, Picture, Audio, but not for "Android apps". Could you please add it? If you're pressed for time, I think I know how and could try to PR it.

Thanks again for this great mod...

I don't want to add them as a skin provided source because it's only available for Android users.
Just add them as a favourite and select the favourite source in the widget dialog.

Edit:
Ah, I can add it as conditional source based on the operation system.
@guido1138
@eskay993
@all other android users

Could you please test the latest GitHub commit if the Android app shortcut is available in fTV -> Addons as widget source?
(2016-03-11, 14:46)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@guido1138
@eskay993
@all other android users

Could you please test the latest GitHub commit if the Android app shortcut is available in fTV -> Addons as widget source?
BTW I tihnk it might be cleaner to use the "System.Platform.Android" boolean for the conditional, rather that string -matching the kernel:
Code:
                <shortcut label="Android Apps" icon="ftv_icon.png" condition="System.Platform.Android">ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps,return)</shortcut>

That's what I was planning to PR, and have tested working. But I'll let you know if your GitHub change works too...

Thanks for the quick turn-around!
(2016-03-11, 16:09)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]
@eskay993
@all other android users

BTW I tihnk it might be cleaner to use the "System.Platform.Android" boolean for the conditional, rather that string -matching the kernel:
Code:
                <shortcut label="Android Apps" icon="ftv_icon.png" condition="System.Platform.Android">ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps,return)</shortcut>

That's what I was planning to PR, and have tested working. But I'll let you know if your GitHub change works too...

Thanks for the quick turn-around!

Yep, that's cleaner.
Just to prevent further mistakes: This link is never listed by skinshortcuts itself? Even not for the main menu groupings?
(2016-03-11, 16:15)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Just to prevent further mistakes: This link is never listed by skinshortcuts itself? Even not for the main menu groupings?

No, it's not in Skin Shortcut's default groupings. A pr would be very welcome Wink
(2016-03-11, 16:52)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-11, 16:15)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Just to prevent further mistakes: This link is never listed by skinshortcuts itself? Even not for the main menu groupings?

No, it's not in Skin Shortcut's default groupings. A pr would be very welcome Wink

Thanks for that info Smile

Created a PR, but as I already mentioned -> No Android device here to test it Smile
@eskay993
@all other android users

I can confirm the Your Android Apps shortcut works perfectly Big Grin Thanks for that!

Also, the Favourites option works perfectly as well. Thanks for that too Big Grin

Cheers
(2016-03-11, 09:06)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 22:51)fach1708 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get Imdb top 250 widget to work? I add it and nothing appears.

Because you don't have them scrapped. The easiest way is:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754

That worked perfectly thanks. Is there a corresponding.widget for imdb top 250 tv shows?
(2016-03-10, 02:42)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-09, 21:44)peleg Wrote: [ -> ]sualfred ,

Really great work !
Attaching my screenshots from fTV compered to AFTV ,

watch gallery

You can see that alignment of left side bar is a bit different ,also banner is bit down that expected.

- There is a possible to align those part ?

That's because you have more items in the main menu. Wink

Also the widgets move differently on the Fire TV, something we can't do with Kodi hence the slightly different spacing.

Hi, I would like to know, How did you get the recent App's to work in Kodi FTV Skin. What Widget did you use.?

Any help welcome !!
(2016-03-11, 22:09)fach1708 Wrote: [ -> ]That worked perfectly thanks. Is there a corresponding.widget for imdb top 250 tv shows?

If you find a way to scrap that informations to your TV shows just create a smartplaylist for it.
The addon only supports movies.

(2016-03-12, 04:09)soulshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I would like to know, How did you get the recent App's to work in Kodi FTV Skin. What Widget did you use.?

Any help welcome !!

Easy: Use, or if you don't own one, buy a Fire TV. Don't forget to close Kodi.
That's a screenshot of the Amazon device.

@all others:
You can now directly access the widget editing window by pressing the Info button ("i" on the keyboard).