Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any idea what information is required for the x ray feature to work? I have it working with some movies but doesnt show up for others?
<ondown condition="!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber)">RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,imdb_id=$INFO[VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber])</ondown>

As you can see -> IMDBNumber is required for your movie. If it's not correctly scrapped, it won't work.
@fach1708
BTW, are the movies that work with xray stored as files locally, and the ones that don't work being streamed using an addon? I have a hunch...
(2016-03-12, 15:53)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]@fach1708
BTW, are the movies that work with xray stored as files locally, and the ones that don't work being streamed using an addon? I have a hunch...

Yup got it in one
(2016-03-12, 16:15)fach1708 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-12, 15:53)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]@fach1708

Yup got it in one

So is there a way to enable it globally, stream or otherwise?
I guess you know that Kodi is designed to use a local database of you videos. Most streaming addons won't even fill artworks correctly, so don't wonder why they have no IMDB number.

And one last time:
I do not give support to streaming addons and I don't wanna see any discussion right here. You guys don't name them, but everyone is aware of which addons you are talking about.
(2016-03-12, 21:10)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you know that Kodi is designed to use a local database of you videos. Most streaming addons won't even fill artworks correctly, so don't wonder why they have no IMDB number.

And one last time:
I do not give support to streaming addons and I don't wanna see any discussion right here. You guys don't name them, but everyone is aware of which addons you are talking about.

OK just a question. Didn't mention any addons and only.did when prompted. My question was what controls.xray so I could fix it myself potentially so please, everyone, get off your high horses. FFS.
(2016-03-12, 23:33)fach1708 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-12, 21:10)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you know that Kodi is designed to use a local database of you videos. Most streaming addons won't even fill artworks correctly, so don't wonder why they have no IMDB number.

And one last time:

OK just a question. Didn't mention any addons and only.did when prompted. My question was what controls.xray so I could fix it myself potentially so please, everyone, get off your high horses. FFS.

Oh and FYI 95% of my library is locally stored. I use 1 addon to stream movies which I have been unable to find on dvd, usually either foreign movies or niche horror movies which had a limited release like the Poughkeepie Tapes.
(2016-03-12, 09:23)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-11, 22:09)fach1708 Wrote: [ -> ]That worked perfectly thanks. Is there a corresponding.widget for imdb top 250 tv shows?

If you find a way to scrap that informations to your TV shows just create a smartplaylist for it.
The addon only supports movies.

(2016-03-12, 04:09)soulshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I would like to know, How did you get the recent App's to work in Kodi FTV Skin. What Widget did you use.?

Any help welcome !!

Easy: Use, or if you don't own one, buy a Fire TV. Don't forget to close Kodi.
That's a screenshot of the Amazon device.

@all others:
You can now directly access the widget editing window by pressing the Info button ("i" on the keyboard).

Thank you for reply. I do own an Amazon Fire TV. I was referring to the other screen shot where. It says Resent Apps at the top of the kodi FTV. I was hoping you could let me know how it was done.
Any help welcome !!
I guess he just named it "Recent".
You can add all your Android apps as source for the widget by choosing it in the widget setup dialog.
@soulshadow

Just named it to :"Recent" (meanwhile)
Working on some adjustment after 2.1.17 was released with "Android Apps" support
Today I started to port the skin to Krypton:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.fTVfred/tree/Krypton

Won't be on the repo at the beginning.
weird bug since yesterday's update:

http://imgur.com/K1lVVu9

There should be two super favourites widgets (they also appear elsewhere in other home menus and show up fine)

log: http://xbmclogs.com/phgahwccj
Strange. Please reset your main menu to defaults and assign the groups again
Sualfred,

I think you fixed the bug that displayed the ftv splash screen every time the widgets were updated (e.g. after stopping a movie). Thank you!

Some performance feedback:

Startup: every time I start Kodi, my TV screen is dark for 18+ seconds, followed by 5 seconds of Kodi splash screen (near instantaneous) and various FTV splash screens. If Confluence is the selected skin, I see a similar 18 seconds of darkness prior to the Confluence skin loading (i.e. 5 seconds shorter). I am still trying to isolate why Kodi itself takes 18 seconds to load.

Updating FTV from your repo:
I don't receive notifications about available updates. I need to manually update all addons. When I do that, I still don't receive any notifications about available updates. After several seconds, the screen goes to black without warning for over 45 seconds. Then the new FTV skin loads.

Switching screens: from FTV, if I switch to confluence, even after confirming the switch, it stays on FTV until I do it a second time.

I am running FTV on Jarvis on Nvidia Shield over a gigabit Ethernet connection. Widget preloading is enabled. The only addons are those specified by the FTV skin. PVR is not enabled. I deleted all addon data in the userdata folder. I am only using 5 movie widgets, 3 TV widgets and a weather widget.