Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can i ask , respectfully , are we stuck with this black/dark skin ? even if i add backgrounds to main menu items they appear dark and faded ? themes and colour options in skin settings are faded out .
obviously it must be just me but the overall effect off everything but the widgets being black makes it too dark and depressing for meSad , even the main menu column is not a pleasurable view.
there's also no option to hide widgets until focused ?
i would have preferred to scroll down main menu on left and see a background for each item then click rt and the widgets pop up.
Maybe another skin for me.
Stuck Wink
(2016-12-03, 12:33)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Stuck Wink

Glad to hear that myself Big Grin
Great Skin!
When playing video without subs I miss the "Subtitles"-menu in OSD and can't download a subtitle without changing skin. Did I miss an option or is it a usability-bug? ;-)
Hi Sualfred,

thank you for that great skin!!!
Are there any plans because the new FireTV Layout from the latest Firmware Update from Amazon?

http://www.aftvnews.com/new-interface-no...-0-update/

Be blessed!
(2016-12-07, 11:52)sam74 Wrote: [ -> ]Great Skin!
When playing video without subs I miss the "Subtitles"-menu in OSD and can't download a subtitle without changing skin. Did I miss an option or is it a usability-bug? ;-)

Thx, fixed on GitHub.

(2016-12-07, 12:08)iRubin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sualfred,

thank you for that great skin!!!
Are there any plans because the new FireTV Layout from the latest Firmware Update from Amazon?

http://www.aftvnews.com/new-interface-no...-0-update/

Be blessed!

Nope.I prefer the old layout and don't have any time left atm.
I recently upgraded my Kodi to Krypton on my Fire TV box. This allows me to use your Repo. When using the virtual keyboard Global Search autocompletion when I pick something off the list the select button will not work. Sometimes if I hit select (on my firetv remote) several times rapidly it will select it.

I should be clear this is NOT a Skin issue as switching to Estuary the problem is still there.
I have actually upgraded and downgraded a couple times on two boxes and even with a fresh install of Krypton the issue is still there
I was curious if other Krypton users see this issue ?

One more thank you again for this skin been using it ever since Hitcher previewed it but liked your updates better.
(2016-12-07, 11:52)sam74 Wrote: [ -> ]Great Skin!

I have this problem too. I can tell you how I "solved" it. Subtitles menu only shows up on the OSD options when subtitles are already present. Unlike on Estuary. I added the Auto Sub addon. Now subtitles are auto downloaded on videos that did not have them and it now shows on the OSD with this skin.
Thx to both of you!
Hi sualfred,
I'm still a big fan of your skin, great work!
One question thought... I'm using the dvblink PVR plugin for TV. In the recording section I use the option to group recordings as (virtual?) folders.
Is there a way to display the thumbnail images provided by the PVR backend also for the folders (maybe just use the one from the latest recording...)?

Frank
There's nothing I can do. The PVR client addon has to fill alle necessary info labels. That's a lack of mostly all PVR addons.
Hi sualfred, how do you make te banner works?
Widget configuration screen -> button in the bottom left
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka (dreidel, dreidel, dreidel !!! ..), Happy Holidays and what ever you guys are celebrating.

John McClane celebrates it with the same procedure as every year on Christmas -> Yippi-Hi-Yay motherf*cker. Let Hans Gruber fall!

(best Xmas movie ever)
Merry X-Mas, sualfred.