Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TV widget view has been adjusted for setups without channel logos:

Great work on the FTV PVR skin!

If you're open for further imrovements, here are some ideas:

- I'd love to see those progress bars in the recorded tv section (maybe the wide thumbnails, too...)
- Could you add the date of the recording for better orientation?

Keep up the good work
(2016-01-24, 22:15)fbomke Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on the FTV PVR skin!

- I'd love to see those progress bars in the recorded tv section (maybe the wide thumbnails, too...)

Keep up the good work

Aye, will be done.
Awsome work Smile Thanks a lot Smile

Two things though I would like to know if you are willing to have a look at it Smile
  • Would it be possible if there is a menu item with widgets on the right, that the click action is just moving focus to the widgets. Like you are in main menu on Movies. By clicking on movies will move focus on the various widgets on the right. But when one is on the Search menu, where there is no widget it will open the corresponding function defined.

• If there is no widget selected, would it be possible to have an Backdrop on the right side, like on the Fire TV in the Pictures section for example, when Amazon pics are not activated? Like here
    /list]

Thansk again for all your hard work Smile
(2016-01-25, 09:26)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible if there is a menu item with widgets on the right, that the click action is just moving focus to the widgets. Like you are in main menu on Movies. By clicking on movies will move focus on the various widgets on the right. But when one is on the Search menu, where there is no widget it will open the corresponding function defined.

No, because the main menu action doesn't have the same onclick action in the most cases. I have "Latest Movies", "Latest TV Shows", "My Favourites" set for the Search item. That will completely break the search function.

(2016-01-25, 09:26)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no widget selected, would it be possible to have an Backdrop on the right side, like on the Fire TV in the Pictures section for example, when Amazon pics are not activated? Like here

Would be possible but I'm not a huge fan of adding layouts, which are only displayed for the initial run.
(2016-01-24, 22:15)fbomke Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on the FTV PVR skin!

Keep up the good work

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.ftv/com...e4d86087cc

You are now able to choose between the views in that window. The date is also added.
Please let me know if you have any issue with this changes, since this was a blind editing. I do not have any PVR and recordings right here atm.
Works great for me! Thanks a lot!! Is it possible too add the progress bar (for the watch state) too? I've seen it on other skins.. I don't know if it's available for all backends (I'm using dvblogic..)
To be honest, I don't know if this is supported. Will add it to the next commit for testing.
(2016-01-25, 21:57)fbomke Wrote: [ -> ]Works great for me! Thanks a lot!! Is it possible too add the progress bar (for the watch state) too? I've seen it on other skins.. I don't know if it's available for all backends (I'm using dvblogic..)

Added.
Hey sualfred,
maybe you can add some information about the Viewtypes and specific Numbers to one of the first posts. Thank you for this cool Skin, for longer time it's my favorite one!
This IDs are opened for addons:
55 = Wide
56 = Square
57 = Poster

All thanks to Hitcher Wink
[THUMBS UP SIGN]

It's possible to add a list-view with an little preview at the right for addons/folder with much content...
Nope. If you want list views or any other non-fTV like layouts, you have to switch the skin. The main idea of Hitchers work is to keep the look and feel as close as possible to a Fire TV device. And I agree with him. This won't change.
Hi i love your work its awesome.
The new Features are great, I have 2 Questins.

1. Is it possible that Pseude TV would work. Its working but u cant open the EPG menĂ¼ because just the OSD opens and then nothing works anymore and you have to alt+F4 or kill Kodi, other Skins it works normaly, but FTV Skin is just so awesome. In normal FTV skin it was totaly buggy because there wehre no Live-TV objects like in your release.

2. Would it be possible to set custom artwork for Genre and Studios, like in the Mockup i made:

Original:

Mockup:

Love your work and thx for help.
Grandhuggy

PS: sry for bad english
Love your idea for studios [THUMBS UP SIGN]