Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos constantly repeating even after changing playlist to repeat: none
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've searched high and low for this answer and while I did find an answer to some extent here's my problem.

You know when you watch a video and it starts over again from the beginning? This is solved by navigating to TV shows or movies, pressing left to bring up the menu then clicking current playlist and changing repeat: all to repeat: none. This stops your video from starting over at the beginning right?

Well this works for me but only until I exit Kodi. The next time I launch Kodi it does the same thing and reverts back to the way it was thus repeating the video I just watched. This is after I saved the settings. Not sure if this only pertains to Windows as it may be happening on other OS' as well but I've noticed it on my desktop running Windows 7.

So I've seen all the other threads of guys and girls asking this same question, believe me. I wouldn't be making this post had I been able to find my answer. This only seems to temporarily solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to PERMANENTLY save the setting of repeat: none and stop it from reverting back to repeat everytime I launch Kodi?
It's not clear what device you're toggling when you say 'pressing left to bring up the menu'.

Let's try this.... play a video short, bring up the slider menu on the left edge, clear repeat and return to the video, then using the video OSD 'save this setting for all movie'. See if that does anything. Deleting guisettings.xml in your user settings will clear out all your settings, and the next restart the file will be rebuilt.