Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media PC Network Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, new here and was hoping for a little bit of advice!

I would like to add my movie files to my media pc (Kodi) from my laptop (windows 8) via my home network. The media pc shows on my network, but I can only access the main HD, all my movies are stored on a external HD, how do find it!

Cheers
Moved to the Windows section.

If you share your external drive on the media PC then it should be accessible by Kodi in the same way as the main drive.

Right click on it in Windows explorer, select sharing and set it up there.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't think I explained myself properly!

So, I have my mediapc that is running KodiUbuntu. The OS is on the main HD, all my movies are stored on an externalHD (connected via usb to my media pc)

My Laptop is windows 8 and I would like to transfer the files from my laptop to my media pc.

When I browse the network using my Windows 8 machine, my media pc shows as Kodiubuntu and when I open it, it takes me to the main HD that the OS is installed on. How do I access the external HD?

Hope that makes more sense!
OK I'll move it to Linux instead...

Anyway does this link help any?
Looks like a good start, thanks!

Also just out of curiosity I have another machine running Ubuntu, and that doesnt see the Kodi machine at all, no idea why!