Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: demuxed mp4 stream support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently working on dash streams wich should be played in kodi.
Short question: Is is possible to pass 2 separate streams (audio / video) through the addon interface to kodi?
Realy nobody?
I muxed audio and video together, but there are sync issues with ffmpegDemuxer (Audio / video in the stream are not 100% synced)
Dealing with 2 streams would solve this issue.
I think it's better to ask this in the addon-development forums.

It's on my to-do list to mux DASH video & audio together to make it possible to stream 1080p Youtube videos with my addon.
I would love to see how you've accomplished this Big Grin! I know how to do it with downloaded files & ffmpeg, not sure at all how to do it with streams.

It's currently not possible to load an external audio file in the xbmc player, see this thread. It was my first thought for dash streams to.
Thanx for your reply, there will be some news about it in the next couple of days.
DASH / MP4 runs fine in Kodi unti you change the resolution inside the stream (adaptive streaming).

There is a freeze of the video when kodi tries to sync things together, it's far away from smoth :-(

Just a question before: do you have .mpd files for your youtube videos?
Sorry to bump an old thread, but peak3d, did you ever get to finish this? 1080p streaming playback is pretty much all that is missing in my addon at the moment Sad.

I would love to get a bit of guidance on how to accomplish this Smile.

And no, I dont have any .mpd files, i'm not familair with that format. I understand its a type of DASH format?