Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best way to sync watched status when client uses ftp stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My media library is centralized on a single machine that runs Kodi. My laptop also runs Kodi (under a different OS) which is configured to stream video via an ftp server on the media machine. What is the best way to sync the watched status between the two devices?

It seems like MySQL is not an option, because the Kodi package that comes with each OS use different Kodi versions.

I have the impression that the Emby add-on doesn't address this situation but it's not totally clear to me.

Any other thoughts on the best way to do this?
Why does each OS use a different version?

Either way, see syncing and sharing (wiki). It has a section just for watched status.
Ubuntu's stable repository provides v 15.1, while raspbian's provides v. 15.2. It looks like one of the addons that automatically edits the nfo files will work best for me, thanks.
All v15 versions use the same DB. The minor/second number (bug fix) won't matter. So if you want to, you can use MySQL. However, it might be overkill if you only need watched status synced.