Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enabling NFS on Synology NAS for Kodi on Fire TV??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry about the lengthy title but I wasn't sure whether to post this on a Kodi forum or the Synology one!

Basically I've side-loaded Kodi onto a Fire TV (4K version) this afternoon for my dad and wanted to give him access to his music library on his Synology DS212J NAS box.

First of all I should say that I have an Intel NUC with OpenElec on it as well as a Synology DS213 NAS, so this should have been a walk in the park!?!? Huh

I've noticed that the Fire TV has one IP address but Kodi has a somewhat different one - why is this? (the Kodi one doesn't follow the same format as the rest of the devices on the network - they are all 192.168.1.xx whereas the Kodi one is 192.168.49.1!?!? - Does this sound right?? (I'd have expected a similar IP address to the rest of the devices on the network!)

Anyway, within the Synology NFS share options in DSM I can specify any IP addresses that I want to be able to have access to a particular folder so I've added both the Kodi IP address and the Fire TV one - the trouble is when I come to add a source via Kodi itself, I can't get further than the initial folder I've enabled the access to!?!? (it just stops and won't let me choose (or even see) any of the sub-folders!)

I've done some reading and I've enabled "SSH" but this made no difference!

Sorry to ramble a bit but can anyone point me towards a decent guide to get this working??

Thanks....
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem with a DS 710 plus. I see no way in Kodi of changing the IP address and can only assume the Fire TV is pushing this address as a proxy or something. What I don't understand is that it sees the NFS shares but then cannot connect to them.....
I noticed that the UPnP semi-works (video OK / photos sees folders, but does not display image).....
Any updates to this? I have the exact same problem and I think it is keeping NFS from working (or at least accessing the subfolders).
I just figured out the solution. My admin account was disabled. Once I re-enabled it I was able to access the sub folders.
I have the same issue w/ the 192.168.49.1 IP, and there's a longer thread here about it-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246885

I believe that the FireTV runs a WiFi access point (interface p2p0 on the AFTV) and that Kodi is choosing the wrong interface to use.
I could never get NFS to work, however the SAMBA shares seemed to get a route even though it appears to be on a different subnet. Interesting about the WiFi access point