Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable Library Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I want to play video files in Kodi 15.2 but always when I go to files Kodi forcé me to add files to a library and I don't want that I just want kodi show me the directories and external USB units I have connected. Kodi shows me only the add source option and nothing else I can't see my units or directories. How can I see my units and disable the forced option to add a source? The skin I use is the default confluence in android 5 in nvidia shield TV.

A note I sold my old box stream and I bought a new one in the old one I was able to see my units and directories to play any videos directly without the need to add to a source but in the new one after install from scratch I can't find where or how to do.

Thank you
Add sources and when it asks for the content type just hit cancel or use "none" and Kodi will skip the library scan. Then to remove the "add" option go to Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> "Show 'Add source' buttons in file list"
Yes I did that things but yes in fact like you mention you can skip the library scan and your added source is there. However I had my other box minix X-H8 plus and there when you clicked in video section to play a file appeared the list of directories for example sdcard, my external USB, Download and so on. Here in my nvidia shield just appear add source and nothing else and I want to appear the directories navigation like the old box I had. The strange is I made a backup of my old box before sell with the X unity repo USB backup full backup and I restored that backup in the nvidia shell and everything is perfect and restored including my complex configurations of IPTV but in videos I can't navigate I'm forced to add a source and I want navigate through all my directories and devices like before and not depend to add a source to play a video.

About disappear the add source it disappears like you say but still not appearing the menu to play files navigating I just see the added source and add source button disappear but I'm forced only to my only source added before disappear the add source button.

Any other suggestion in how to activate the navigation in videos?
Some boxes automatically show external/USB drives, but some don't. I think it's a firmware level thing, maybe. Even if the USB directory doesn't show up automatically you can still manually add it and just name it the same. Cosmetically, it would look the same. You would just add a source and call it "USB" or something and point it to something like /storage/ or whatever the correct directory is on the Shield.

Because some boxes handle external drives differently, a backup from one box might not always line up with different hardware.
Ok I see. I will keep like this for now.

Thank you so much