Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI Duplicates Episodes on Blu-Ray TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Kodi and am trying to add my TV shows that are in Blu-Ray format, and Kodi keeps duplicating the episodes for each one of my TV shows. I have read the Wiki on naming conventions for TV shows, but it seems that all of the examples contemplate individual episodes being contained in a separate file, whereas my individual episodes are each contained in a separate folder with all the normal Blu-Ray associated folders (BDMV, Certificate) and files. More specifically, my structure is as follows:

TV Shows\HD\Lonesome Dove\Lonesome Dove s1e1\BDMV [and Certificate]

I have tried selecting the "HD" folder to be added to the file list, and I have also tried selecting the "Lonesome Dove" folder (after removing the "HD" folder as a source first and then cleaning the library), and in both cases, each episode is listed twice. In the duplicate entries, the path for one is TV Shows\HD\Lonesome Dove\Lonesome Dove s1e1\BDMV\index.bdmv, while the other entry shows a path of TV Shows\HD\Lonesome Dove\Lonesome Dove s1e1\BDMV\Movieobject.bdmv.

I tried converting a couple of the episodes into separate .iso files, and Kodi handled those fine with no duplicate entries. I have also added Blu-Ray movies to Kodi with no problem.

I am using the latest build 12/24/15) of Jarvis and the Confluence skin.

What am I doing wrong, or is Kodi not able to handle Blu-Ray TV Shows?

Any help would be appreciated.
This thread has had 119 views but not 1 response!! I guess this means no one knows whether or not Kodi can read TV shows in Blu-Ray format.
From my very quick Google searching it looks like BDMV handles some sort of menu navigation, Kodi can't currently play Blu-Ray movies (from a disc in an optical drive) thus why I think you are getting some issues. (<<Can a Dev confirm?)

I ripped my Blu-Ray version of Firefly into an .MKV container and named it accordingly and Kodi doesn't have an issue with playback, this will most likely be your best solution.

I have a similar setup in regard to my movies, where I have M:\ and then three sub folders pending quality. The three sub folders are what I use as video sources for movies.