Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help With 3D filename flags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a large collection of 3D Blu Ray ISO's.

My issue is that in Kodi, when browsing my collection, the 3D videos are not labeled as 3D. I was given the following link http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags

I understand i need to name 3D movies as - moviename 3d, for example,but have no idea what to label the rest of the file. The wiki is incomplete and does not explain the options.

If it helps, the are all store bought movies (and now iso's).

Thank you!
What do you mean by "what to label the rest of the file".
The Wiki explains, what you need to do.
If you have the Movie "The Avengers", you need to name your file "The Avengers 3D.iso" instead of "The Avengers.iso".

3D Blurays normally have "Multiview-Video-Coding", which will have the two 3D images as seperate streams, so you don't have to specify the image format (sms, tab).
Hi all,

I followed the guide at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692

Unfortunately most of it is outdated. In most cases the options are not available in the current Kodi system setup.

Following the guide, I have tried the following file-name types

Gravity 3D.iso
Gravity (2013) .3D.iso
Gravity (2013).3D.iso

None of them work on my setup. Is there a guide anywhere that shows how to enable 3d support in Kodi, or is it enabled by default? And what is wrong with my file names. This is getting very frustrating!

TIA for any help
Filenames have nothing to do with "support", but only with how they are displayed in the movies section (afaik). The 3D inside the name will cause Kodi to use a 3D cover (I think) and to display the 3D Logo in the properties.

For playback, it is completely irrelevant how the file is named (at least for SBS and TAB, which is the only thing I have for 3D), only for how Kodi should display the overlay interface while playing the movie.

It seams that MVC-3D (which is probably what your Bluray ISOs use) support is still worked out.