Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music "Now Playing" overlaps with Weather in Home Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Discovered Amber recently after many years of Confluence. Really impressed overall.

There is one glitch I've found: during music playback, when not having the player in full-screen (i.e. playing music and browsing Amber's menues), "Now playing" info is displayed at the top of the screen (song / progress etc). Problem is, this overlaps with the top left weather display and doesn't really look good. Confluence solves this by displaying the "now playing" right above the horizontal menu bar. Wondering if the "now playing" music info can be lowered to right below the weather & date/time bar, and above the shelve.

Another minor suggestion: Amber settings do include an option to "reset all amber skin configuration to default". Unfortunately, amber doesn't ask for Yes/No confirmation. If pressed by mistake, all user configuration is just lost immediately with no warning - happened to me :| Can a confirmation dialog be added so that it shows when pressing this button? It can take a little while to customize amber Smile
Yes please, I just uninstalled my weather addon because of this Wink
Hopefully fixed in pull #28, easiest way was to move weather to the bottom left. Also fixed an issue in that it overlapped TV Recording info in the vertical menu too.

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber/pull/28
Thanks!
I tried to install the latest git master in my kodi 15.2 HTPC but got "dependencies not met" - I assume amber's master only works in Jarvis / kodi 16?
(2016-01-30, 22:54)htpcero Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!
I tried to install the latest git master in my kodi 15.2 HTPC but got "dependencies not met" - I assume amber's master only works in Jarvis / kodi 16?

Yes, the latest updates are for Jarvis only, sorry.
But now Weather overlaps RSS.. :/
(2016-03-07, 00:11)Beam Wrote: [ -> ]But now Weather overlaps RSS.. :/

I'll have a look, I always disable RSS so I didn't notice :-)
(2016-03-07, 00:11)Beam Wrote: [ -> ]But now Weather overlaps RSS.. :/

Should be fixed with https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber/pull/36