Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] blocky interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question in regard to the Kodi interface. Did anyone noticed main menu issues -blocky characters, unreadable- on main Confluence interface?.

I'm using Shield TV and this had happened several times (with build from Dec 21st and 24th), but I've not been able to isolate an 'action' on my side that justifies this.

What I mean by blocky characters is, for example, on main screen instead of displaying 'Music' and the options 'Files' and 'Add-Ons', you see weird blocky characthers that has a resemblance to these words. This happens at this main menu level and sometimes at second level where you have the options to pick a playlist or files. It seems to become normal at 3rd level (e.g. when you display the contents of your USB HDD attached drive).

Options are still functional, and if you recall how to navigate, you still can playback any file.

Tried 'force stop' of Kodi and Clear cache/data without success. When this happens the only way to fix the issue is to restart the Shield TV box.

Any idea? (still using Dec 24th release, need to have time to install and test Dec 26th release). Did this happen to anyone?.

Cheers!
(2015-12-23, 22:52)war59312 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 20:40)MJFox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 19:21)war59312 Wrote: [ -> ]Image

this happened to me with the very first test build as well when I tried to switch the Shield to 24fps instead of 60fts in the Android HDMI settings

so it looks like Kodi doesn't like to run the interface with 24fps

Confirmed. Thanks.

Switched back to 60Hz for now.
cesarious, this?
Out of original topic