Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: loading Kodi onto windows ,help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there ,I've heard very good reports about Kodi ,so I thought i'll give it a go .

Now i'm no tec freak so I looked it up and found a link on the windows download for Kodi ,when I press on windows installation all I get up is a blank page in my browser ,I've tried a few times but too no avail

I'm using windows 10 any help would be appreciated ,try to keep it as simple as you can though ,thanks
Go here: http://kodi.tv/download/

Click on the "Windows: Installer" link on that page.
That's what i did and come up with a blank page on a new tab
I just checked, and it works fine here... are you sure it's not downloading in the background? Or try right-clicking and "save as"/"save link as...".

It sounds like a browser config issue ... it's certainly not a Kodi problem, as you're not getting that far Sad
(2015-12-28, 23:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked, and it works fine here... are you sure it's not downloading in the background? Or try right-clicking and "save as"/"save link as...".

It sounds like a browser config issue ... it's certainly not a Kodi problem, as you're not getting that far Sad
tried that, it says this app can't run on this pc ,to find a version for your pc ,check with the software publisher Sad
What hardware/platform is your Windows 10 running on?
(2015-12-29, 00:24)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]What hardware/platform is your Windows 10 running on?
Is this what you need ?
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6798&SUBSYS_30061043&REV_00
Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 3056 MB
Shared Memory: 1039 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: BenQ G2222HDL DVI
Sort of. I was wondering if you were trying this on a desktop/laptop pc or a tablet device.
PC
(2015-12-29, 18:04)oldish jack Wrote: [ -> ]PC

mmmkay. Like Prof Yaffle said, it sounds like a browser (or anti-virus) configuration issue. Maybe try resetting your browser's defaults, or trying another browser, or downloading on a different pc and transferring it via thumbdrive to your pc?

That's all I got...
(2015-12-29, 20:42)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-29, 18:04)oldish jack Wrote: [ -> ]PC

mmmkay. Like Prof Yaffle said, it sounds like a browser (or anti-virus) configuration issue. Maybe try resetting your browser's defaults, or trying another browser, or downloading on a different pc and transferring it via thumbdrive to your pc?

That's all I got...
ok cheers
Does this direct link help at all?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe

Or what happens if you try a different browser - Chrome vs Firefox vs Edge vs IE?
(2015-12-28, 22:42)oldish jack Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there ,I've heard very good reports about Kodi ,so I thought i'll give it a go .

Now i'm no tec freak so I looked it up and found a link on the windows download for Kodi ,when I press on windows installation all I get up is a blank page in my browser ,I've tried a few times but too no avail

I'm using windows 10 any help would be appreciated ,try to keep it as simple as you can though ,thanks

Having just installed it all again I did notice that the new window it opens to download Kodi only displays information about running or saving the file right at the bottom of the window.

Thus depending upon display size, you may just have to scroll down the bottom of the empty window.

It also may be worth checking your download folder in case it has already saved a copy on your machine.

Good luck
(2015-12-30, 01:47)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Does this direct link help at all?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe

Or what happens if you try a different browser - Chrome vs Firefox vs Edge vs IE?
No nothing there in the browser ,it should load with firefox as thousands of people use it
(2015-12-30, 19:24)Automan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-28, 22:42)oldish jack Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there ,I've heard very good reports about Kodi ,so I thought i'll give it a go .

Having just installed it all again I did notice that the new window it opens to download Kodi only displays information about running or saving the file right at the bottom of the window.

Thus depending upon display size, you may just have to scroll down the bottom of the empty window.

It also may be worth checking your download folder in case it has already saved a copy on your machine.

Good luck
Nope checked all of that
Pages: 1 2