Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi update 1.8.3, can it be reversed or downgraded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I bought a droidplayer box for myself and love it! best thing ever. I bought another for my boyfriend for Christmas and the pre installed kodi is different, you have to choose from basic or pre installed kodi before you install kodi and it has little to no built in add ons and is different to the easy to use interface of my kodi. I can see that kodi have now changed the box to include less add ons that are sucesptible to copyright - firmware 1.8.3 but is there any way I can downgrade to 1.8.2 or below? I just want the box to be the same as mine which I thought it was but I'm going to have to return it otherwise. any advice?
These boxes have nothing to do with Kodi, they often package a custom version of the Kodi software with a restrictive firmware, often violating the XBMC Foundation's IP and including banned (from this forum) and illegal piracy add-ons.

You could try to remove their version of Kodi and install the official APK but the firmware often doesn't allow this. You would need to contact the manufacturer of the box or your retailer for support I'm afraid.
Kodi with pre-installed add-ons ("fully loaded ") is against the foundation rules and is not supported here as they tend to be crappy piracy banned add-ons (wiki).

Those tend to break fairly regularly, provide media from illegal or illegitimate sources and if it happens then you're on your own to fix it as the sellers almost always cut and run with your money and give no support.

The advice would be to select your hardware with care, if it's too good to be true for what they offer it probably is, and we only support legitimate Kodi installed and approved add-ons ( from the official repo mostly).
thanks for your help guys, think I'm going to return it asap!