Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Everything is gone.. Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea what I'm doing. I received an amazon fire stick with kodi for Christmas. I used it for the first time last night and everything worked perfectly. When I tried to use it again this morning, nothing worked. Received messages-
"update-check-error: unable to resolve host "mirrors.kodi.tv": No address associated with hostname"

"could not connect to server"

Also, the date/time is set to 1/1/1970. When I still had apps and would try to browse by year, it would have the years only up to 1970.

I was instructed to not allow the fire stick to update. When I started it up last night there was a prompt to update and I declined it. This morning, however, I plugged it in and did not turn the TV on for a minute and I think the update may have come again and started automatically. Not sure, but no apps in kodi worked anymore. I've been searching YouTube videos and forums and can't find anything that helps. I don't know how to get into kodi to modify codes. There was one video that said to go to settings and delete data and cache. I did that, and now there aren't even any apps in kodi and I don't know how to get them back.

I realize I'm a complete noob. Any help would be appreciated.
If these were pre-installed ones for piracy from the banned add-ons (wiki) list then as per the forum rules (wiki) we don't support them or installs contaminated with them. For those ask wherever you got the stick from.
As of right now there are no apps on kodi at all. I don't know if they were piracy or not before, not sure how that works..i just want to put apps back on there. Not pirates
There are some details on installing on the Fire TV stick (wiki) page on the wiki which may help.

I'll also move this thread to the Android section as you may get more experienced specific help there for a clean rebuild if that is possible to do.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm new and a computer virgin ? I deleted thumbnails by accident and now my kodi just keeps throwing me out. O to the launch app page, its been doing it for 3 days, anything I can do?
Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out with that!
(2015-12-29, 23:31)Jabbathewhat Wrote: [ -> ]There was one video that said to go to settings and delete data and cache. I did that, and now there aren't even any apps in kodi and I don't know how to get them back.

I realize I'm a complete noob. Any help would be appreciated.

If you went into the FireTV Stick settings and deleted the data and cache then that deleted everything user installed to Kodi, that made it like a fresh install. You will have to re-install all your addons.

The easiest way I found to re-install addons and repo's for Kodi on the FireTV Stick is to put them into a shared folder on my PC. Then when you chose to add a source for a repo in Kodi, look for the Windows SMB option, you will have to enter the user name and password for your PC.

I would also like to add there is a free android app for Amazon FireTV, great for entering the text so you dont have to manually enter the text with firetv remote.