Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-24, 07:55)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-23, 22:57)rocketr Wrote: [ -> ]On the 3/19 build I can't access audio or video settings while playing a video. I'm thinking this is a known issue with the state things are in but wanted to post it just in case...

Are you using confluence by any chance?

Yep

Same with transparency. Trying rapier

I could enable pass through and checked off Dts capable in addition to DD receiver capable. Just heard a high pitch.

May just use Dlna built into the tv since it does Dts , but man, kodi is way nicer
(2016-03-24, 07:55)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-23, 22:57)rocketr Wrote: [ -> ]On the 3/19 build I can't access audio or video settings while playing a video. I'm thinking this is a known issue with the state things are in but wanted to post it just in case...

Are you using confluence by any chance?

Yes I am...
Is there a version for TvOs that is build from Kodi 15.2?
read the first post man...
MrMC 1.x series Smile Get it now as the 2.x series is brewing.
Hi guys.

First, thanks for the huge effort to port Kodi.

I have a issue, about DTS. When I try any movie with DTS I don't have sound.

Infuse has been updated recently to correct this issue, so I understand it is a problem from Apple TV.

I wish you could fix it.

Thanks again.
set channels to 6 or 8, turn off pass-through. Handle everything as multi-channel PCM. That is how Infuse 'fixed' it Smile
Thank you to all involved in the porting effort.
(2016-04-06, 18:29)MrMC Wrote: [ -> ]set channels to 6 or 8, turn off pass-through. Handle everything as multi-channel PCM. That is how Infuse 'fixed' it Smile

Thanks for the answer.

I don't have the option to set channels to 6 or 8. Pass-through is disable, but I only have stereo sound.

Thanks again.
A huge thanks to all the developers involved in making Kodi on ATV4 possible!

I think I have found an ATV4 specific issue. This issue persisted with both 20160319 and 20160403 builds. Going back to the 20151230 build, this is not an issue.

This issue is specific to the Trakt.tv addon. As soon as the synchronisation starts to Trakt.tv, the Kodi app crashes back to the ATV home screen.
I loaded the 20160403 from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/osx/x86_64/ onto my Mac and did not have this issue.

So by that deduction the issue is not Trakt.tv related, nor Kodi build related.

Unfortunately I did not capture the logs for when this happened as I had a limited time to get it working.
(2016-04-11, 09:52)rynoster Wrote: [ -> ]A huge thanks to all the developers involved in making Kodi on ATV4 possible!

I think I have found an ATV4 specific issue. This issue persisted with both 20160319 and 20160403 builds. Going back to the 20151230 build, this is not an issue.

This issue is specific to the Trakt.tv addon. As soon as the synchronisation starts to Trakt.tv, the Kodi app crashes back to the ATV home screen.
I loaded the 20160403 from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/osx/x86_64/ onto my Mac and did not have this issue.

Unfortunately I did not capture the logs for when this happened as I had a limited time to get it working.

Your not allowed to ask for add on support here so your post will probably be removed. Which is a pity as I'm having the exact same problem. I've posted ATV4 crash logs and Kodi crash logs over on the trakt add on forum but no one including the developer is willing to help.
(2016-04-11, 09:57)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 09:52)rynoster Wrote: [ -> ]A huge thanks to all the developers involved in making Kodi on ATV4 possible!

Your not allowed to ask for add on support here so your post will probably be removed. Which is a pity as I'm having the exact same problem. I've posted ATV4 crash logs and Kodi crash logs over on the trakt add on forum but no one including the developer is willing to help.
Well the issue seems to be ATV4/TVOS specific, although an addon is involved. Either way, I'm not trying to offend anyone, especially the developers. I believe my post to have been as constructive as possible.

Unfortunately though, Kodi has no use to me if Trakt can't work, hence me reverting back to the December build.
(2016-04-11, 11:29)rynoster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 09:57)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well the issue seems to be ATV4/TVOS specific, although an addon is involved. Either way, I'm not trying to offend anyone, especially the developers. I believe my post to have been as constructive as possible.

Unfortunately though, Kodi has no use to me if Trakt can't work, hence me reverting back to the December build.

Yep, same thing happening to me on my aTV4 and... on my iPad. So this seems to be related to Krypton builds running on iDevices rather than only aTv specific problems.

The trakt addon works fine on Kodi 16.0 on iPad and crashes on latest nightlies.

Cheers Wink
I also have issues with Trakt on both my ATV4 and iPad. It seems to work ok whilst Im playing a movie or tv show. Will scrabble no problems and tell Trakt what Im currently watching. I only seemed to have issues if I try to run it manually. Then it crashes kodi.
Or if I set Trakt to update on library scan. My ATV4 crash logs and Kodi crash logs show nothing.

They just end abruptly so to speak.

I wish someone would look into this but I get the feeling the Trakt add on developer has the opinion that its related to Kodi Krypton so not his problem. But hey try over on that forum, you might have better luck than I have so far.
People, remember: this build is not even in Alpha and it is not based on current Kodi builds. Addons are not created for this version, therefore, we can't expect them to work with this particular Kodi build.