Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed, and tested! Everything is 100% like a charm!

THANK YOU @logi85

btw, is it possible to inject any firefox / chrome prebuild netflix related cookies directly into flix2kodi addon ?

it'd be appreciated if you could tell us how to convert any "cookies.txt" to "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.flix2kodi/cookies"

it'd be perfect if the browser could share its cookies so the addon could use it,
and we wouldn't have to put the same login info into the addon anymore
Hello,
I think I'm pretty close to having this working.
I'm logged into Netflix, I can see my list etc, but whenever I go to start a stream, the Kodi backdrop appears momentarily and then I am returned to the selection screen of Netflix (where i select what to watch).

I enabled debugging and this is the output of the log when I click to start a stream:
http://pastebin.com/LzGCXfxR

A little info about the setup:
- HP Microserver N54L, 8gb RAM, Radeon HD5450
- Running Kodibuntu (Fresh install).
- ** 1024 x 768 15" monitor. < I'm using this monitor whilst I get everything set up how I want it, I mention it in case the problem is that the screen resolution is too small for Flix2Kodi to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
hi logi
is quite a bit that i don't read the topic, while i'm using often flix2kodi in my system.
i see that is not yet available the win10 app playback.
there's no hope to use it?
only reason of my request is the ability to send command to the win10 app using a windows phone app that is not compatible with browsers.
thanks Peppe
(2015-12-30, 23:16)logi85 Wrote: [ -> ]This Addon is a fork of z-e-r-o's repo based on many others. Thank you all for that great base.

Requirements:
Windows: By default you need Chrome installed. You can modify the launchBrowser.cmd script to use another browser, if needed.
Linux: Same as Windows. It is also possible to use a custom launch script if you enable "use Chrome Launcher" setting. You also need xdotool installed. You should not run kodi in standalone-mode. You should use a desktop environment like lxde. If you cannot or don't want, have a look on FAQ (Kodibuntu). This is a modification which starts a minimal desktop manager before the browser starts.

Important! If you modify the script, please be shure that it will block until the browser is closed!

To install the addon, follow these steps:
Code:
1. download http://logi85.github.io/repository.logi85/repository.logi85-1.0.zip
2. choose "install from zip" in kodi and select the downloaded file
3. choose "install from repository"
4. choose "Logi85 Addons"
5. choose "Video-Addons"
6. select "FLix2Kodi" and choose install

If something went wrong, try to restart kodi after installing the repo (step 2)

After installation you should configure the addon (at least username and password)

Sorry, I'm a total n00b. I can navigate directories and edit files with vi, but otherwise, total novice.
Can someone please give me a little more details about these:

- You also need xdotool installed.
- You should not run kodi in standalone-mode. You should use a desktop environment like lxde. If you cannot or don't want, have a look on FAQ (Kodibuntu). This is a modification which starts a minimal desktop manager before the browser starts.

I have no clue on what this means.
I have kodibuntu installed. When I boot the box I get the Kodi screen (Confluence?).
Can someone please help me with these requirements?
Small issue with kore (remote app) support under Linux (kodibuntu, kodi 16.0) with flix2kodi.

I can launch a stream of a TV Show episode, and all controls work as expected (The 'If your browser doesn't launch...' dialog opens, controls are responsive, and debug log shows controls being intercepted and used)
When I launch a movie however, the dialog doesn't open, and remote commands are passed to Kodi, and not intercepted by the plugin/xbotool. Instead of the dialog, I briefly see a window that says 'Opening Stream' before Chrome launches, and the debug log shows now control codes getting intercepted, no matter how many times I hit the back button to attempt to close Chrome.

I've dived into the code of the plugin, and I can see that all the appropriate code paths seem to be hit (I've inserted additional debug messages at points such as in the __init__ function in play.py where it looks like the remote code is initialized, and where the player starts), and am at a loss as to explain how this is not working. I've opened an issue on github, but have yet to receive a response.
(2016-02-29, 00:50)Stin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I'm logged into Netflix, I can see my list etc, but whenever I go to start a stream, the Kodi backdrop appears momentarily and then I am returned to the selection screen of Netflix (where i select what to watch).

I enabled debugging and this is the output of the log when I click to start a stream:

- ** 1024 x 768 15" monitor. < I'm using this monitor whilst I get everything set up how I want it, I mention it in case the problem is that the screen resolution is too small for Flix2Kodi to work.

Thanks in advance!

Exactly the same happens to me - I'm using Kodi Isengard 15.2 on Sony Android TV.
(2016-02-29, 18:52)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]hi logi
is quite a bit that i don't read the topic, while i'm using often flix2kodi in my system.
i see that is not yet available the win10 app playback.
there's no hope to use it?
only reason of my request is the ability to send command to the win10 app using a windows phone app that is not compatible with browsers.
thanks Peppe

hi mate you can ignore my question.......
in the end only one comand i need within the player (i'm using internet explorer) is pause.
i solved using a command in eventghost that send a left mouse click to focus the browser plus space to pause/unpause the stream.
Peppe
(2015-12-30, 23:16)logi85 Wrote: [ -> ]This Addon is a fork of z-e-r-o's repo based on many others. Thank you all for that great base.

Requirements:
Windows: By default you need Chrome installed. You can modify the launchBrowser.cmd script to use another browser, if needed.
Linux: Same as Windows. It is also possible to use a custom launch script if you enable "use Chrome Launcher" setting. You also need xdotool installed. You should not run kodi in standalone-mode. You should use a desktop environment like lxde. If you cannot or don't want, have a look on FAQ (Kodibuntu). This is a modification which starts a minimal desktop manager before the browser starts.

Important! If you modify the script, please be shure that it will block until the browser is closed!

Code:
5. choose "Video-Addons"

After installation you should configure the addon (at least username and password)

hi, i have a problem....
when i watch see the error launching browser see log file

where is the problem?
(2016-03-03, 01:38)okkidadiavolo Wrote: [ -> ]

Requirements:

Code:
5. choose "Video-Addons"

hi, i have a problem....
when i watch see the error launching browser see log file

where is the problem?

We need more information to help you.

What hardware are you using?
What OS (Android, Openelec, windows etc)
How did you configure the add-on?
What browser did you set in the add-on settings?
Quote:- Kodibuntu (and other Linux distrubutions) without window-manager?

sirhcjw posted the following lines:
(2015-12-30, 23:08)sirhcjw Wrote: [ -> ]All working like a charm for me now thanks for all the hard work.

Anyone on kodibuntu to get this working in full screen just install blackbox window manager and official chrome browser

Then make these changes to the launchBrowser.sh script on my instalation the path is

.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/launchBrowser.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# copy from https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc/blob/master/browser.sh

# Managed to resolve the issues with, but will leave this here anyway, as its a good fallback
CHROME_STARTED=`ps -ef | grep google-chrome | grep -v "grep" | wc -l`
if [ $CHROME_STARTED -gt 0 ]; then
        exit 1;
fi

# lets find out if xdotool actually exist before we try to call it
command -v xdotool >/dev/null 2>&1
XDOTOOL=$?

url=$1

# start window manager to make fullscreen work
/usr/bin/blackbox &

# move mouse pointer to bottom right of screen
if [ $XDOTOOL -eq 0 ]; then
        # no point sleeping if xdotool is not installed.
        #sleep 5
        xdotool mousemove 9999 9999 click 1
else
        echo "xdotool is not installed, can't remove cursor"
fi

# notice no ampersand to keep google chrome in front so remote works
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url"

# kill window manager so we exit back to kodi
killall blackbox >/dev/null 2>&1

Can't find the launchBrowser.sh. Do I need to create it or modify a different file?
(2016-01-12, 10:34)marv_el Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-11, 06:58)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I've been searching this thread and I haven't found anyone else with this problem...

When I launch a show from my library I can't use my remote!
I'm using OpenELEC, Chromium Launcher and Control Chromium by Remote. I figured out that I needed to add a Flix2Kodi profile in the Control Chromium by Remote settings to get my remote working when launching from the addon.

Anyone have any idea what profile I need to add to get it working when launched from the library?

i am afraid it won't work with a specific "profile" name. the remote functionality will only be enabled when a certain addon is active. but i can add a fallback if no addon is in use.

Any progress on the fallback functionality in the Chromium Remote Control? I just want to make sure I didn't miss an update! Big Grin

Thanks
(2016-03-02, 01:47)Johnbe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 00:50)Stin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Exactly the same happens to me - I'm using Kodi Isengard 15.2 on Sony Android TV.

I'm sure its something really simple that we're missing. Can anyone please help with this?
Since yesterday I've the same problem. I'm using Jarvis v16. Re-logging doesn't work. It crashes every time I wann to browse my list or recently watched items...
Tunr off the grabbing for additional fanart and info in its settings, and youll be ready to go again!