Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Himedia Q10 Next Generation - new box for HD Audio and 3D+BD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
In just a few days Himedia will announce their new Himedia Q10 Next Generation TV box at CES 2016
This one will use the newest Hisilicon SoC which will offer the same goodies as the previous version (after all, it got an "A" from our very own @hdmkv user here) - but will also promise some new features :
- H.265/HEVC 10 bit
- HDMI 2.0 (so 4k@60fps)
- Dolby Vision VS10 & HDR/WCG support

The Kodi logo on the specs sheet is very promising Smile

Link: http://www.minipcdb.com/articles/Meet-Hi...0-Next-Gen
let's refrain from referring to anything as "best choice" until it's actually been released and tested. The internet is littered with boxes that sounded great when announced yet ultimately failed to deliver
where do you found " specs sheet " Huh
@matt - I see your point, thanks ;-)

@looun
for Q10 NG?
From their CES brochure, PM me if you need it.
appealing box
ROM: 8GB eMMC

Thats not good
Curious how much this box will go for. Been watching the Q5 for a while and never seen it dip under $129.99 much..
Found this on the SoC they are using:

Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 key features and specifications:

From http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/09/15/h...-and-more/

CPU – Quad core Cortex A53 processor (15K DMIPS)
GPU – ARM Mali-T720 supporting OpenGL ES 3.1/2.0, OpenVG1.1, EGL, and Imprex 2.0 PQ engine
Memory I/F – DDR3 or DDR4
Video Engine (VPU):
  • Codecs – HEVC, H.264, VP9, VC1, MPEG2
  • Decoder – 10-bit up to 4Kp60
  • Encoder – H.264 @ 1080p30 or dual 720p30
  • HiVXE 2.0 video engine supporting 4Kp60 H.265 and VP9 decoding, 1080p PiP and video transcoding
  • Dolby Vision & HDR10 for “best-in-class video quality experience”
Peripherals:
  • Video Output – HDMI 2.0a TX with HDCP 2.2
  • Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet
  • USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port
  • Storage – SATA and 2x SDIO
  • Transport Stream – 4x TS In + 2x TS In or Out with support for Full-band Capture (FBC) tuner
  • Expansion – PCIe
  • Security – Advanced DRM and CAS, Trustzone, Hardware based video watermarking
@MiniPCDB, as looun noted, can you share the specs sheet you mention. Thanks.
Here's the specs sheet... thanks to MiniPCDB:

(Click to enlarge)
(2015-12-31, 18:59)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the specs sheet... thanks to MiniPCDB:

(Click to enlarge)

I wonder what DOBLY ATOMS is - surround sound for dyslexic people?
New generation audio format ... Dolby at the atom level; feel it in your DNA Wink.

HiMedia seems to love its Q#-branding. Wish they'd come up with a new naming scheme. If they don't, this would be the fifth generation Q10 I think... talk about confusing customers.
Dolby ATOMS is a new surround format developed by our talented engineers, led by mr Jen-Yong-Fung, who used google translate for putting that spec sheet together Big Grin
Guys i don't think Himedia is the solution,as far as they using Kodi with a wrapper..
Agree, best is to have a Kodi integrated solution, but if proper 3D & HD audio can't be done w/o a wrapper, then next best solution to no Kodi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5