Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jarvis Beta 4 Recording from Guide behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed Kodi 16 Beta 4 and noticed that when I got to record a program from the guide I no longer get the second menu which allowed me to choose series / single recording etc. Is there a way to make it function the same as 15.x so I can choose if I want one off or series link?

Installed on Windows 10 using the DVBLink PVR addon v 2.0.1
In Kodi 16 there is core support for series timers etc, so a 2nd additional (addon specific) popup isn't required anymore.

On a guide entry, use context menu to "add custom timer" and there should be options for series etc
Yes I see what you mean. So to confirm when I do a record now that will be a single instance, and if you want series you choose the add timer?
Yes if you just hit record that does a single timer with default settings... If you want to do other timer types or adjust settings (like pre/post padding, Channel, repeats etc) then you add custom timer. I'm not sure about dvblink implementation but it's now possible for each addon to customise the fields/values Kodi presents here, eg in WMC addon we are supporting lifetime, allow repeats, recording limits, keyword search etc
In terms of a work flow going into a separate menu area for series link recording seems a bit wrong so I might post something on the DVBLink forums then seeing what the plans are for it.