Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to copy my Kodi build onto Android box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry in advance if this is not correct place to ask how-to question. Trying to understand how to install my own Windows build onto Kodi that's installed on Android device, copying it over from my Windows machine. Where do I copy the Windows AppData\Roaming\Kodi folder to on the Android device? I read on various pages that it should be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ but I see nothing in the files folder there at all? Any help appreciated thanks!
The . in front of the kodi folder in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ means that it's a hidden folder. You may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders on your Android app to see it. But it's the right place (the .kodi folder in Android is the equivalent of the Kodi folder in the Roaming folder on Windows).
Thanks for your help. I kind of thought there might be hidden files, just like Windows, but couldnt find a way o view them. I found it finally, tho, and see the folders. So..I can just copy over my Kodi folder from Windows to the Android folder? Maybe need to put the . in front of the folder name? Or better to copy all the folders within \Kodi separately to \.kodi?
Yes, although there are some platform specific bits, mainly in the GUI settings if I remember well which may need to be tweaked afterwards. But most of it can just transfer straight across.