Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove season and episode number from title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I'm currently configuring my Kodi and I want to display my tv series just with the title instead of
Code:
SxEE. Title

I've found out that I have to use advancedsettings.xml created at
Code:
%appdata%/kodi/userdata

The path is
Code:
Series/Series Title/Season X/Series - SxEE - Title.mkv

I've tried to use the examples given on the wiki but they don't seem to work for me:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.s01.e01, foo.s01_e01, S01E02 foo, S01 - E02 -->
        <regexp>[\._ -]()[Ee][Pp]_?([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.ep01, foo.EP_01 -->
        <regexp>([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp>  <!-- foo.yyyy.mm.dd.* (byDate=true) -->
        <regexp>([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{4})</regexp>  <!-- foo.mm.dd.yyyy.* (byDate=true) -->
        <regexp>[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09* or just /1x09* -->
        <regexp>[\\/\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ -][^\\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- foo.103*, 103 foo -->
        <regexp>[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$</regexp>  <!-- Part I, Pt.VI -->
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

That's what the log says:
Code:
1:34:11 T:225836  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
01:34:11 T:225836  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
01:34:11 T:225836  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <tvshowmatching>
                                                <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp><!-- foo.s01.e01, foo.s01_e01, S01E02 foo, S01 - E02 -->
                                                <regexp>[\._ -]()[Ee][Pp]_?([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp> <!-- foo.ep01, foo.EP_01 -->
                                                <regexp>([0-9]{4})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})</regexp> <!-- foo.yyyy.mm.dd.* (byDate=true) -->
                                                <regexp>([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{2})[\.-]([0-9]{4})</regexp> <!-- foo.mm.dd.yyyy.* (byDate=true) -->
                                                <regexp>[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp> <!-- foo.1x09* or just /1x09* -->
                                                <regexp>[\\/\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ -][^\\/]*)$</regexp> <!-- foo.103*, 103 foo -->
                                                <regexp>[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$</regexp> <!-- Part I, Pt.VI -->
                                              </tvshowmatching>
                                            </advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance for your help Smile
You could try using an external media manager to get your desired outcome, as this seems complicated for no particular good reason.
I'm already using FileBot to get the meta data right but Kodi gets the name from it's own TheTVDB Plugin, or not?
I think the regex stuff is to help Kodi figure out how to scrape a show into the database - it doesn't affect the display. The skin is responsible for actually showing the information. So if you want to not have the season and episode number displayed, you'll have to modify your skin or find a skin that has that as an option.
Oh, okay. I will look at the skin then. Thanks for your reply Smile
in addition to what pkscout said, the selected sort method also effects the way titles are displayed.
if you select 'sort by: name', it should not show the SxEE part.
(2016-01-04, 05:31)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]I'm already using FileBot to get the meta data right but Kodi gets the name from it's own TheTVDB Plugin, or not?
Yes and no. If you use an external media manager and generate .nfo files kodi will use the title in the .nfo rather than what's on TVDB.