Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield Tv Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any way to program the volume amplification on the app to the shield tv remotes touch, Volume slider?
I find myself still reaching for my tv remote for volume sometimes and otherwise if i want to decrease i would have to turn it up on my tv and turn down on the volume amplification then i can just set it to my preffered listening level, however doing it this way i need to go into settings to do so. If it was built into the remote (at least while im in the app and using it) can you guys override the remote and shield tv so that amplification is used on the center touch slider for volume on the remote?

I imagine it should be possible, theres no reason nvidia would build the UI of the remote to not allow this,it would be perfect then, one less remote needed when viewing kodi and saves time turning volume up and down.

ThanksBig Grin
System volume keys, which is what the slider uses, are now only used by Android itself. I would recommend using v16 and using this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2193174 , where you can change "volumeup" / "volumedown" to "volampup" / "volampdown". Then keep Kodi's master volume at 100%. That would let you control Kodi volume amplification and the Android system volume at the same time.

Just to be clear, here are the volume controls:

TV's volume
Android's volume
Kodi's volume
Kodi's amplification