Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll try this again without violating any policies, sorry about that. I've read several threads and watched a couple YouTube Videos on how to fix buffering issues with advancedsettings.xml but still have issues.

Here are the advanced setting file I'm currently using.:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

I've also tried the readbuffer factor at 4 as well.

Here's the details of my HTPC and I'm getting about 65mbps down wired:
CPU: AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4x2GB) - UPDATED FROM 4GB TO 8GB
HD: Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s
Patriot Pyro PP60GS25SSDR 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive - UPDATED
Case: nMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B ATX (I really dig the case!)
Ceton InfiniTV4 - UPDATED
Remote: Rosewill RHRC-11001

Any thoughts? I'm experiencing the buffering on HD. Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.
Just reposting your problem and removing the name of the piracy add-ons that are the cause of it will not get you any support here. No amount of tweaking will help anyway.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254762
(2016-01-03, 21:10)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]Just reposting your problem and removing the name of the piracy add-ons that are the cause of it will not get you any support here. No amount of tweaking will help anyway.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254762
OK, thanks, new to Kodi and this forum and I'm still feeling my way around. Thanks for your note.
why u anyways try to modify the buffers?

i'm running several kodi (started with xbmc many years ago, wired & wireless) clients in my network and none of then shows any network buffering issues with sd/hd/pvr & br iso
make sure your network is stable and "fast" (1GBit is fast enough) and more important...that your media source is capable of streaming constantly fast
i NEVER before modified the network buffer on any of these devices...