Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installing Minix XBMC to crrect problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guy's I'll try again with my problem, I'm genuinely a complete Noob at this so please bare with me, I recently purchased a Minix Neo U1 after owning an MXQ box for about a week but loved what I saw, I deleted the Kodi off the box and installed the 15.2 version, this is where my problem started whenever I tried to watch anything the screen was small and in the top right hand corner, I found a work around in the box settings by changing it from auto to 1080p 25hz but not happy with the picture.

It's been suggested that I install MINIX XBMC from the Minix site here is my Question and sorry for sounding so thick but we all need to start somewhere, Firstly is this the correct thing to do? and secondly do I need to uninstall my current version of Kodi? it took me ages setting up so don't want to delete it unless I have to.

Thank you in advance with your help it's greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
I have a MiniX Neo 8H with regular Kodi installed. I actually installed it overtop of the MiniX version and the blended into the same program anyway so there should be no reason you should have reinstall the Minix one. (Unless something is different between our models).

But I did have some picture problems at first also. The main thing I remember that fixed it was under Settings/Video/Acceleration in Kodi uncheck the setting that says, "Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec. It should be the first one of three. Keep the other two checked.

See what that does for you first. I know I mucked around some of the MiniX settings as well but I don't think they did much, But that codec did.

Good luck.
Hello and may I just ask..........have you adjusted the screen calibration to fit the screen correctly?In Settings>System>Video Output>Video Calibration
I didn't mess with the video calibration at all where you are. I have the 3D mode disabled, preferred mode set to "Same as movie" and vertical blank sync "Always enabled".

After I disabled the above mentioned codec, I rebooted and then was finally able to get the screen sizing fixed in the Settings/Video section (a level up from where you are).

There I think the main ones I played with were: Adjust display refresh rate=always, Pause during refresh rate change=Off, Sync playback to display=checked, Minimize black bars=20%, Display 4:3 videos as=wide screen, Activate teletext=checked, Scale teletext to 4:3=checked

It might take some playing around to suit your screen but like I said, that one codec is what made the biggest difference.