Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Do skins have their own cache of the art collection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first I'm sorry if this have already been answered, I gave a look on the Wiki and searched the forum but as I don't know if I'm understanding it correctly, I cannot be sure if I'm calling it right. My doubt is if every skin needs to have it's own cache of the arts of the user's collection.

Let me explain: fact 1: I'm in the very early stage of developing a skin. Fact 2: I store all of my movies and their respective art in an external HD.

So, when I use any skin from the repository, I can navigate through my collection without having my external HD plugged in, although the collection behaves like if it was there; no missing artwork. When I switch to my developing skin, though, if the HD is not plugged in, 99% of the art goes missing, and strangely some random art still appear.

(Note: if I switch back to some other skin from repository, the art is still there.)

That's why it makes me think if every skin has it's own image cache, and, if it does, how do I implement that in my skin?
I haven't seem to find something about this on the wiki.

Thank you for your answers and attention.
No, all the art is cached in your userdata folder which every skin accesses.