Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Impossible to connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I just installed Kodi 15.2 on Windows 10, then iTunes (latest) to make sure I have the Bonjour service running. Then, I enabled all required options in Kodi (Settings, Remote Control, Allow Remote (both), Zeroconf too).

I then installed the official remote app on my iPhone 6 (latest iOS version 9.2) and tried to add an instance of Kodi, both with the search (which only gives a message saying that no instance of Kodi were found) and manually entering IP and MAC address of my Kodi computer, which is on the same local network.

Well... Nothing works... It just doesn't find my session, whatever I try.

What's wrong??
Thanks
Try Settings->Web Server->Allow Remote Control via HTTP
(2016-01-05, 02:54)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]Try Settings->Web Server->Allow Remote Control via HTTP

Thanks, this seems to do the trick. It's just a little bizarre that it's not mentioned anywhere in the instructions...
I'm getting the same message. No Kodi instances were found. I copied the IP address, the Mac ID, username (no password) and I have "allowed remote control via Http" and "allowed remote controls by programs on this and oh we systems".

Still no Kodi instances were found.
What should I try me next?
Hi - I'm having a similar problem.

I've just installed Kodi 14.2 on a Boxee Box. The original hardware remote is long dead. Boxmote (iOS) will talk to BoxeeHacks, but can't talk to Kodi. The Kodi remote (apparently) will only work if I make the change under Settings to allow remote control via HTTP.

Does anyone know a way I can access Settings without a remote?

Thanks for your help.