Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Annimation fade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem that when I opened a window toggle buttons weren't being rendered until they were clicked. This only started happening after PR:8310. After experimenting I find the problem is caused by an animation. This animation works on other controls and also on toggle buttons prior to 8310. The code looks like this:

Code:
<animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="200">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="200">Hidden</animation>

What I found is the problem is with the "WindowOpen" type on the togglebutton control. In this case the control is nested in a grouplist which in turn is nested in a group. Both the group and grouplist have slide animations that fire when the group has focus and then then a button control in the group has focus. That results in a drop-down of the inner grouplist containing the togglebutton. When I comment-out the "WindowOpen" fade for the togglebutton, the togglebutton then shows as expected. So I edited that fade to:

Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>

and that works, but I don't understand why I need to do this just for toggle buttons, or more generally how that "fade" animation is supposed to work if you don't specify the start/end values.

scott s.
if you omit "start" and "end" values, kodi will use the default values defined in the source code.

for unfocus / hidden / windowclose:
start="100"
end="0"

for focus / visible / windowopen / conditional:
start="0"
end="100"
Thanks. It seems like may be there is a bug.

scott s.