Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-on or Smart list for TV watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello;

I have been trying to find out if there is an add-on or a way to create a smart list to do the following;

Have a set amount of TV shows set to play, then have the play order go show A episode 1, show B episode 1, show C episode 1.......
I have created a smart list with the shows I want but it will play show A episode 1, 2, 3... then go to show B.

What I am trying to do is have it where I have a several lists of different themes, like crime shows, sci-fi, and anime so what I can do is select the list and have it go from there. For those who remember toonami, basically create a script or a list that would play a serries of shows in order like stated above. If I could set it to add other videos to play in between the TV shows it would be all the better.

So would anyone know if there is a script or a smart list example on how to do this, or even better, some add on that could do this? something like cinema vision for TV series?

Thank you in advance.
(2016-01-06, 01:00)fenix21a Wrote: [ -> ]Hello;

I have been trying to find out if there is an add-on or a way to create a smart list to do the following;

Have a set amount of TV shows set to play, then have the play order go show A episode 1, show B episode 1, show C episode 1.......
I have created a smart list with the shows I want but it will play show A episode 1, 2, 3... then go to show B.

What I am trying to do is have it where I have a several lists of different themes, like crime shows, sci-fi, and anime so what I can do is select the list and have it go from there. For those who remember toonami, basically create a script or a list that would play a serries of shows in order like stated above. If I could set it to add other videos to play in between the TV shows it would be all the better.

So would anyone know if there is a script or a smart list example on how to do this, or even better, some add on that could do this? something like cinema vision for TV series?

Thank you in advance.

We plan to add functionality for this, so eventually you'll be able to create a sequence for TV that has options specific to TV shows.
Maybe have a look at LazyTV.

It plays randomly selected shows, but in the right order. You can create different smartplaylists for each genre and have LazyTV pick from those shows.

You can either set it so you can select the playlist when you launch LazyTV or you can clone LazyTV and have a different addon with a different default playlist for each genre.

Also, instead of playing random shows you can have it display the shows in a GUI, and either select Play From Here in the context menu or turn on multi-select and choose specific shows to watch.