Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Libcec warnings in kodi 15.2 log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I recently installed 15.2 on my AFTV gen 1. I was reviewing the kodi.log and discovered that I had errors/warnings related to libcec not being loaded correctly. I sent the warning messages to Pulse Eight support and they told me that the wrong file is in the build. Libcec.so should supposedly be libcec 3.0.0 or 3.0.1. Pulse Eight support is saying that the ARM 15.2 build that is posted on kodi.tv has the wrong libcec file. I tried to search the forum for answers but only found some references to Android devices not needing the libcec file because CEC is performed at the kernel level. I could not determine whether this was true or not.

My understanding is that the AFTV supports CEC in hardware. Also, my Samsung UN55H6340 tv recognizes the AFTV when it performs a CEC scan. However, I can not seem to get any actual response from kodi

Before I post a bug in the tracker I figured I would ask the forum first.
Has anyone else seen this issue or have some knowledge to share?
You can ignore those CEC warnings. That warning happens on any system that does not use libcec. All Android OS devices don't use libcec, but instead use some Android-level CEC support that Kodi simply sees as generic input.

Does your TV remote work at all for the AFTV?
Thanks for quick reply. My Samsung tv only recognizes the AFTV is there but does not control anything on the AFTV. I tried my samsung, denon, and harmony remotes as well. Also unplugged all AV equipment and rebooted it all. No change as it relates to the AFTV. The AFTV is sending some sort of CEC commands because if it is in sleep, and I am watching my satellite (on the SAT hdmi input on my denon amp) if I press the select button on the AFTV remote my denon amp will switch hdmi source to the AFTV. That is as much as I get.