Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Decompression glitches on Kodi Mac OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to everyone.

I just started to use kodi as IPTV client. I use "IPTV Simple Client" as add-on configuring with my m3u remote playlist.

I've a big decompression issues with the Mac OS X (10.11.2) version of Kodi (tried both 15.2 stable and 16b4) with some of the channels on my playlist (.ts). I tried on my Macbook pro retina 2013 (with Nvidia discrete graphic card) and on a Mac Mini 2.0Ghz with integrated graphic card, but the bug is the same on both.

As you can see from the screenshot there are a lot of decompression glitches, especially on fast movement, Kodi 16b.4 Mac OSX 10.11.2

The same channels are working right on the same mac with VLC, without any glitch

So I tried to install Kodi (16b4) on my Windows 8.1 virtual machine through parallels, and here everything is working perfectly on the same mac where the problem appears on the OS X version.

This is the VLC info on the stream, if it's useful to understand:

Do you have any clue?

I tried also to change buffermode on advancedsettings.xml, but without success Sad
I found the solution

http://imgur.com/1zf6Rnd

inside System > Settings > Video > Acceleration (with Settings Level set on advanced or expert )

deselect: Allow hardware acceleration: VDAdecoder

It now works on a Retina 15 (2015) and mac mini (2009)