Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to get metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,

I require your help and your experience in Kodi Smile
I bought 2 Android TV Box on Amazon with the following reference:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B017CMV1...ge_o02_s00

The first box was configured easily and Kodi give me an entire satisfaction.
The second box, have a very small problem, not critical but my wife have some problem to find the video content.

Explanation.
Movies and series are hosted on Synology DS 214 Play NAS
I added network folder without problem and movies are well (metadata, summary, actor etc...)
However, when I use Video menu, select Files > my folder all videos appears with a directory without any metadata.
The particular things is when i use the right click feature > Get Movie information, the metadata are here.

On this box the following version of Kodi is installed : KODI 15-2-RC1 (Git:2015-09-22-95716ca-dirty (compiled: Sep 16 2015)

Please note : That this problem appear only on 1 Box and the second is not impacted by this problem.

Do you have any idea to solve this issue?

Another stupid question, Kodi appear to be installed from Google PlayStore, how can upgrade the version to an another ?

Feel free to ask me if my description is not clear Smile I'm new in Kodi world.

Thanks by advance,
LEFBE
You shouldnt be going Video then Files. If you scanned it into the library you should be going Video then Movies or TV. Files will just show the files, not the library

Cheers!
Thanks for this quick answer.

I understand your information however, I go to this Video > Files to :
1 - Edit / Modify movies information when the video is not detected by Kody
2 - It's more simple to my wife to select an anime for my child by this way

Indeed, in this menu I have:
- Movies
- Animes
- Series

It's faster to select an Anime than search into the Movies (who contain Movies and Animes)
To finish, even if you're right I'd like to understand why I get a different behavior on two similar Box

If needed I can Upload 2 videos to show you the problem

Thanks again for your help,
And mainly happy new year to all Smile