Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: external player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm tying to use external player but with no luck

NOTICE: virtual BOOL CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppAndroid(const char*, const char*): org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon
ERROR: CXBMCApp::StartActivity - ExceptionOccurred launching org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon
Where is the video located, you are trying to play?
If it is on the network (SMB/Windows file share, NFS or similar) than it won't work, because VLC cannot access those shares.
Thanks! Yes, is a network streaming.
I have problem to reproduce the streaming with kodi, the video have lot of lag. With vlc is perfect.
(2016-01-07, 00:50)wweich Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the video located, you are trying to play?
If it is on the network (SMB/Windows file share, NFS or similar) than it won't work, because VLC cannot access those shares.

I can understand your position: you have the xBMC player with support for smb, but the other players VLC... doesn't have it directly but via ES File Explorer it can play movies from the network.

I've been searching for weeks for some ways to play movies in slow motion on my minix box, but it looks like I hit a dead-lock. xBMC wouldn't add this feature because you don't feel like adding it (even though other players have it...), and I can't play it with VLC that can play in slow motion but not over smb...

So far I couldn't find any player with both slow motion and smb support.

I'm definetly not an iDevice type of user (I don't own any) but all this patchy work for something simple: play slow motion movies form a network drive makes me run away from custom made solutions like android boxes with xBMC on top of it...

I have a lot of respect for your work, but don't rest on your laurels, I do not need all the fancy features of 7.000 plugins that tell me the IMDB note... finds subtitles... that I can do manually(check by myself the IMDB score, download a subtitle...), but basic features of the xBMC I can't add it by myself such as slow motion or support for smb similar with what ES File Explorer does.

All the best
(2016-01-24, 21:10)ronnyy Wrote: [ -> ]xBMC wouldn't add this feature because you don't feel like adding it (even though other players have it...)

That's completely and entirely wrong. This is not something that can be added by just flipping a switch. Kodi uses its own video player, and adding slow-motion support is complicated and takes a lot of work. Kodi doesn't have the feature because no one has worked to add the feature yet. Kodi is made by volunteers, and the only features it has are features people are willing to work on. A likely reason no one wants to work on it is because most people don't need or want such a feature. It's useless to most of our users, whereas subtitles and metadata is more useful. Kodi is not a one-size-fits-all program, and it doesn't try to be one. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but no one is going to lose any sleep because you weren't able to use Kodi for your specific situation.
(2016-01-24, 21:23)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-24, 21:10)ronnyy Wrote: [ -> ]xBMC wouldn't add this feature because you don't feel like adding it (even though other players have it...)

That's completely and entirely wrong. This is not something that can be added by just flipping a switch. Kodi uses its own video player, and adding slow-motion support is complicated and takes a lot of work. Kodi doesn't have the feature because no one has worked to add the feature yet. Kodi is made by volunteers, and the only features it has are features people are willing to work on. A likely reason no one wants to work on it is because most people don't need or want such a feature. It's useless to most of our users, whereas subtitles and metadata is more useful. Kodi is not a one-size-fits-all program, and it doesn't try to be one. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but no one is going to lose any sleep because you weren't able to use Kodi for your specific situation.

Sleep tight then, ES File Explorer plus VLC is what I need and by the way VLC is also developed by many volunteers that understand that if you open a restaurant (even run by volunteers) you must offer salt and pepper instead of tablets to consult your menu...
VLC might be OSS, but there is still a company behind, making profits (I guess) and having full time devs. We don't have that luxury.

If vlc is what you need, good for you. Goodbye then...