Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dennish Wrote:Don't try to throw me off again! Tongue
It's true. Just for fun: also put it in the Scripts folder of XBMC and then go to scripts and run it.
Basje Wrote:It's both! If you place it in the scripts folder it will behave as a script (which is the graphically nicest version with special UZG skins) and if it's in the plugin folder and addressed as a plugin, it's a plugin!

I do not agree that the script is the nicest version. Not Graphically and not functionally. =)

When it's a plugin, you can add your favorite channels as shares in video. That is not possible with the script.

/Söder
soder Wrote:I do not agree that the script is the nicest version. Not Graphically and not functionally. =)

When it's a plugin, you can add your favorite channels as shares in video. That is not possible with the script.

/Söder
Well, the script has a Favorite option! (via the context menu)
Basje Wrote:It's true. Just for fun: also put it in the Scripts folder of XBMC and then go to scripts and run it.

Testing it as a script now, some bumps on the road though...

- Is it normal it takes several minutes to start ?
- Once it starts XBMC goes from full screen into windowed mode (appears to be same resolution though (1080p))
- In the windowed mode i see the nl1/nl2/nl3 etc etc etc but can;t seem to click anything or it is so unresponsive that it seems i cannot click anything....

Its not the newest hardware i must admit... AMD 2400+ with 1GB RAM and GeForce 6200 (from the top of my head) but surely this can't be nomal ?

Edit: it "crashed" xbmc twice now... Just disappears while initialising the script...
Basje Wrote:Well, the script has a Favorite option! (via the context menu)

But then you have to enter the script, and then you can add a program to the favorite menu (not the XBMC favorites??). You can't add a channel as a favorite?

/Söder
soder Wrote:But then you have to enter the script, and then you can add a program to the favorite menu (not the XBMC favorites??). You can't add a channel as a favorite?

/Söder

No, it's the XOT favorites.
Dennish Wrote:Testing it as a script now, some bumps on the road though...

- Is it normal it takes several minutes to start ?
- Once it starts XBMC goes from full screen into windowed mode (appears to be same resolution though (1080p))
- In the windowed mode i see the nl1/nl2/nl3 etc etc etc but can;t seem to click anything or it is so unresponsive that it seems i cannot click anything....

Its not the newest hardware i must admit... AMD 2400+ with 1GB RAM and GeForce 6200 (from the top of my head) but surely this can't be nomal ?

Edit: it "crashed" xbmc twice now... Just disappears while initialising the script...
There is a minor bug with progressbars that will be fixed in the the upcoming release. You can prevent the issue by commenting (add # in front) line 208 in uriopener.py
Basje Wrote:There is a minor bug with progressbars that will be fixed in the the upcoming release. You can prevent the issue by commenting (add # in front) line 208 in uriopener.py

I commented line 208 in 2 files:
# uriPB.update(100, pbLine1 ,pbLine2)

[email]mmpc@mmpc:~/.xbmc[/email]/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist$ sudo find / | grep -i uriopener
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/plugins/video/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.py <--
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/plugins/video/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.pyo
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.py <--
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.pyo

Should i comment them out in the "pyo" files aswell ? It's still crashing... Appears to be while searching for updates.
Dennish Wrote:I commented line 208 in 2 files:
# uriPB.update(100, pbLine1 ,pbLine2)

[email]mmpc@mmpc:~/.xbmc[/email]/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist$ sudo find / | grep -i uriopener
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/plugins/video/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.py <--
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/plugins/video/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.pyo
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.py <--
/home/mmpc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Uitzending Gemist/resources/libs/uriopener.pyo

Should i comment them out in the "pyo" files aswell ? It's still crashing... Appears to be while searching for updates.
Delete the PYO files, they will be recreated automatically.
Basje Wrote:Delete the PYO files, they will be recreated automatically.

Thanks, this seems to have helped! It is still performing to bad to be usable though :< Could this be related to my hardware or would you reckon it might be something else ?
Dennish Wrote:Thanks, this seems to have helped! It is still performing to bad to be usable though :< Could this be related to my hardware or would you reckon it might be something else ?

XOT only uses website-calls, so if the performance is slow (long loading times and progressbars) it's most likely something with your network.
Basje Wrote:XOT only uses website-calls, so if the performance is slow (long loading times and progressbars) it's most likely something with your network.

I'm experiencing the same problem.
If I open for example Nederland 1, and I choose a tv show, I can see the first frame of the tv show (in Full screen).
When I press the play button, the tv show is played for about a second.
Then it stops and it doesn't continue playing.

I'm quite sure that it can't be the network connection, since communication with the computer itself is fine.

Specifications:
XBMC live 9.11 (installed on hard disc)
ASrock 330
Newest version of XOT UZG.
Plofkroket Wrote:I'm experiencing the same problem.
If I open for example Nederland 1, and I choose a tv show, I can see the first frame of the tv show (in Full screen).
When I press the play button, the tv show is played for about a second.
Then it stops and it doesn't continue playing.

I'm quite sure that it can't be the network connection, since communication with the computer itself is fine.

Specifications:
XBMC live 9.11 (installed on hard disc)
ASrock 330
Newest version of XOT UZG.

That is during playback (not script navigation): in your case you should check your network caching settings of XBMC.
Basje Wrote:That is during playback (not script navigation): in your case you should check your network caching settings of XBMC.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I'm quite sure that it must be something with the network caching too!

The problem now is how to change the setting of the network cache, since it isn't available anymore since some update in version 9.04.

I'm using version 9.11.

Does anyone know how to change the network caching setting in XBMC live 9.11?
Plofkroket Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion!
I'm quite sure that it must be something with the network caching too!

The problem now is how to change the setting of the network cache, since it isn't available anymore since some update in version 9.04.

I'm using version 9.11.

Does anyone know how to change the network caching setting in XBMC live 9.11?

This is not the problem!!!
I found out what is the problem with the playing of the streams from uitzendinggemist.
There are a lot of tvshows which start with a very short flash fragment, in which the STER symbol is shown.
When such a fragment is in front of the moviestream, XBMC will not buffer the movie it self!

On uitzendinggemist.nl there are also some moviestreams which do not have such a flash fragment in front, and those streams are buffered correctly and played by XBMC!

Does have anybody else have this problem too?