Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping Mythbusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have almost every Mythbusters episode. TVDB seperates them by year (Season 2003, Season 2004, etc.). They all scrape fine EXCEPT for Season 2003. These episode are named with the exact same format as every other season, but Kodi just won't scrape them. I've checked and rechecked spelling, episode numbers, etc., and I've even tried deleting the Mythbusters folder and adding it back, but to no avail. Any ideas?
Moved to OS independent, as it's not specifically a Windows issue.

Can you post a few of the filenames from S2003, and some from S2004 for comparison so we can review them?
These are direct copy-paste from my Kodi folders...

Mythbusters s2003e01 Jet Assisted Chevy.mp4
Mythbusters s2003e02 Biscuit Bazooka.mp4

Mythbusters s2004e01 Chicken Gun.mp4
Mythbusters s2005e01 Buster Special.mp4
Hmm those look fine in comparison with thetvdb.com entries for the programme. I know there have been issues in the past with that one, but I think it's mainly due to series vs year coding on the database.

Can you gather and post the link to a debug log (wiki) of an attempt to scrape the 2003 season?
Yes, I will do so later today once I'm in front on that computer. Thanks.
You could rename them with Bulk Rename Utility, replace Mythbusters s2003e with Mythbusters 2003x, and they will scrape fine.

ex. from Mythbusters s2003e01 Jet Assisted Chevy.mp4 to Mythbusters 2003x01 Jet Assisted Chevy.mp4
I just realized I left out an important piece of information that probably makes a big difference. I'm scraping with MediaCompanion v3.6.3.1 and letting Kodi get its info from local NFOs. So the problem is with MC, not Kodi. Guess I need to go to an MC forum. Sorry for the confusion...
And I've solved the problem... upgraded MC to latest release and it scraped everything just fine. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. I'll be more careful next time!