Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1st 5 Seconds of Audio Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Until 2 weeks a go I was using Kodi 16 Beta 4 running on an Windows 10 Intel NUC, I recently moved over to the Nvidia Shield TV running KODI 16 Beta 4. (Xmas present... Love it!) All is awesome and I must say its a huge step up, except for 1 thing. All video playback now has a couple of seconds of silence at the start! I have gone through all the settings I can think of, messed with all the pass through, the keep alive and all sorts. It seems to do this on all files regardless of Video or Audio codec.

Am wondering if anyone else is seeing this or if they have any clues!!!
This is a known issue. It won't be fixed until at least Kodi v17. It's very annoying, isn't it?
KnownHuh Bugger I have looked every where!!!

It's annoying, only because other people point it out to me. The Shield is soooo much better than the NUC was, but I guess KODI on Windows was more mature. It only irritates me as I am all.... Look how much faster it is, and the kids complain about the lack of sound at the start!
Known? Never noticed myself...
And I don't remember anyone else mentioning it.
Ahh... So unlike my hair line the plot thickens!!

Any ideas on what I could check? After the 1st few seconds playback is perfect. Then, next file starts with the same thing.
I've never seen it so bad as to happen for 5 seconds (normally it's 1 or 2 for me, at most), but Kodi v15 has had a noticeable lag for audio. It's something about waiting for a sync. FM fixed it in v17.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237842
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229714
So are you running 17? I can see there has been a milestone set for alpha 1.... though I am unsure if how or where I can get a copy to try....
For the moment I'm just living with the lag. However, the more I think about it, five seconds is more than I've ever seen on my Shield. There could be something else going on that can be fixed sooner, but I'm not sure what.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Ok so it's a Friday night and apparently I have no life... I have just played over 40 different files across numerous file types. The lag averages at 2.3 seconds... The 5 second files where my DVD rips of a certain program which had a silent start!!!!

So, taking on what you have said it looks like I am just suffering the same known issue. Which I can live with.... Mostly! If you feel a debug log is useful I'll send one over tomorrow.... OH is watching something and I'll be honest, life is to short to try take the remote off her!