Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Setting for Time Between Showings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there's a way to get PTVL to not show a certain movie or episode for a set period of time? For me, random seems to favor Ace Ventura (it's been on 3 times in 2 days on a channel with 150+ movies). Can I make it so if Ace Ventura or any movie/episode gets played, it won't get played again for X amount of days? I don't want it to the play through the entire playlist before it repeats, but I would like it so the same movie can't come on for a few days depending on the size of the playlist.
yes...use a smart playlist. One of the rules you can choose is to not play a file within XX days, the "last played" rule, or you can use the rule "do not play watched".

Mark
(2016-01-08, 13:53)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]yes...use a smart playlist. One of the rules you can choose is to not play a file within XX days, the "last played" rule, or you can use the rule "do not play watched".

Mark

I don't want to use do not play watched. I don't see the last played rule. Where is it?
(2016-01-09, 08:53)phnt0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 13:53)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]yes...use a smart playlist. One of the rules you can choose is to not play a file within XX days, the "last played" rule, or you can use the rule "do not play watched".

Mark

I don't want to use do not play watched. I don't see the last played rule. Where is it?

I found something called Last Played in the smartlist options, but there was no setting for time. What setting are you referring to/where is it?
You have to enter the days so it would look something like "Not played in the last" "100 days". You enter the "100 days" or whatever period of time you want. You can test it out using the "Browse into" the playlist selection by pressing "c" on your keyboard. Make a playlist that brings up whatever sort of movies you prefer, without this rule. Browse into it and make note of how many movies get displayed. Add this rule and browse into the playlist again. The movies that have been played within whatever time period you enter should not be selected by the playlist. I am not home at the moment so I can't give more details. I know it can be done though.

Mark
(2016-01-13, 13:42)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]You have to enter the days so it would look something like "Not played in the last" "100 days". You enter the "100 days" or whatever period of time you want. You can test it out using the "Browse into" the playlist selection by pressing "c" on your keyboard. Make a playlist that brings up whatever sort of movies you prefer, without this rule. Browse into it and make note of how many movies get displayed. Add this rule and browse into the playlist again. The movies that have been played within whatever time period you enter should not be selected by the playlist. I am not home at the moment so I can't give more details. I know it can be done though.

Mark
ah thank you. i found it and changed a few of my playlists. hopefully it'll work.
You also may have to change the rule "one or more" to "all".