Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: guidedata from xmltv is currently unavailable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! been lurking this forum an long time and today is my first post. I use PseudoTV Live everyday and have run across a few question I would like to ask the community if anyone would like to help me out!

I've signed up for a USTVNow account(free one) to get the basic 7 channels. I'm trying to incorporate some xmltv guidedata into ptvl so I can see the info of what show is on. Using mc2xml I have generated an xmltv.xml file with only 1 channel just for a test. Before the test I would pull info from some 1500 channels, not good. This created a rather large file size so I shrunk it down to only the needed channels via mc2xml.chl. A rough go at first but I did manage to get a smaller file size.

My only issue now is that I'm getting the "guidedata for xmltv is currently unavailable. Please verify channel configuration". I'm fairly certain I've done the procedure correctly but it is possible I've missed something along the way. Some important points as to what I've done so far so if I'm missing a step then maybe someone can point it out to me.

-Xmltv.xml is stored in C:\mc2xml\xmltv.xml
-Via in-app manager, ptvl is pointed to this directory.
-Also via in-app manager I have set channel ID as what it is in the xmltv.xml, for this purpose ABC. I made sure it is I27.28460898.microsoft.com

Maybe I've left something out in that part but I think those are the most important steps for now. Anyways, I feel like it should be generating some guidedata at this point but I'm not getting anything. I'm running version 7.1b installed directly from Lunatixz's repo so I'm trying to stay totally up to date. Also at the bottom I've included a log just for simplicity sake. I don't think this is a bug so I'm avoiding posting in the bugs thread rather I feel like a log may assist in where I'm going wrong.

Any help you guys can throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you do Luna, this app is the best piece of Kodi IMHO.

http://pastebin.com/vq5wxcVR

Edit: After a quick glance at my xmltv.xml file I've noticed what could be an issue. The first program says the date is sometime in 2015. Actually specifically it says this.

<programme start="20150712210000 -0300" stop="20150712220100 -0300" channel="I27.28460898.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">Celebrity Family Feud</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Cheryl Hines vs Niecy Nash and Duck Dynasty vs Katy Mixon</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">Celebrity competitors include actress Cheryl Hines vs. actress Niecy Nash and ``Duck Dynasty'' cast members vs. actress Katy Mixon.</desc>
<credits>
<presenter>Steve Harvey</presenter>
</credits>
<date>20150712</date>

Is it possible ptvl can't fetch guidedata because xmltv is telling it to grab info from July 2015?
v.0.7.2 will have free six hr listings for ustvnow.

For custom xmltv use the inapp manager to configure channels, you can't use autotuning.

Old xmltv data will result in channels without guidedata... Dates must be in the present or future.